Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Search function on mobile

Started by BFM [1455642] on in Bugs & Issues.

13 replies · 115 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
BFM [1455642]

When using the search function on mobile I can only use it for the default looking for a username or Id. When I try changing it to forums, company, factions it gets stuck on users only. Once in a while I can get it to switch to item market search but that's rare.

iPhone 6 on safari and happens on my iPad as well. Same browser.
Kate [1701775]

I checked from iPhone 6s Plus and iPad as well, same thing happens to me.

Even if I click on forum or anything else still only searches for username.

I will assign this to Ched to have a look at it.
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor

Same when using Android Google Chrome. Yesterday I managed to switch to forum option after holding long or clicking fast. Now forum option is default. When I try to search user it will go back to forum option.
Kate [1701775]

If you mean android application, there's no android app for torn.

If you have one uninstall it and try on browser please.
HandsomePants [1897243]

More info: As a workaround, I've found that eventually if I tap enough times it will work, and you'll know because the circle actually goes bold/highlighted.

Tap Faction Name the first time - User Name/ID circle stays highlighted and active, search will not work as expected:
[image: puu.sh]

Tap Faction Name, then Places, then Faction Name again ... repeat if needed until highlight changes, search will now work for Factions as expected:
[image: puu.sh]

And, this is also the case for other radio buttons, for example when changing graph intervals (24h / 7d / 1m / etc) on the Detailed Stats or Stock pages.

I'm also using Chrome for Android, and this has persisted across 3 different phones for me now.
Philistine [475622]

Difficult bugs, or low priority ones, can take some time to fix. When they are taken care of a developer will post here and close the ticket as fixed.

Outside of that there may not be any updates.