Basically just lost my whole net worth, from around 260m to 5-10m in a few clicks at the casino, have you guys ever suffered from big losses, if so how did you rebuild? Or did you care?
Big loss
Started by StrandedFox [1672008] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Lyno [536065]
· 8 likes ·
I remember I lost my full Torn life savings on blackjack back in the days when I was maybe 200 days old at most. $660,000 in total. I had spent months and months building that cash up. When I lost … - Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee
· 4 likes ·
I just click the buy donator packs button. - Champion [1927067]
· 1 likes ·
We're not all shit at gambling - hope dis makes u feel better Your Statistics StatValue Spins 2,705 Successful spins 1,368 Unsuccessful spins 1,337 Spins Successful/Unsuccessful ratio 1.0232 Maximum gain $1,080,000,000 Maximum loss $760,000,000 Total money gain $1,507,531,689,760 Total money …
Basically just lost my whole net worth, from around 260m to 5-10m in a few clicks at the casino, have you guys ever suffered from big losses, if so how did you rebuild? Or did you care?
I've lost about a billion I think in total at the casino, nothing too bad. I never had to rebuild as I only ever gamble money I don't need, although I was quite salty whenever I lost something!
I just click the buy donator packs button.
We're not all shit at gambling - hope dis makes u feel better
Your Statistics
StatValue
Spins 2,705
Successful spins 1,368
Unsuccessful spins 1,337
Spins Successful/Unsuccessful ratio 1.0232
Maximum gain $1,080,000,000
Maximum loss $760,000,000
Total money gain $1,507,531,689,760
Total money loss $1,483,349,538,360
Money Gain/Loss ratio
dayum
I've lost about 1.5bil thought the casino, sports and blackjack mostly.
I get sad but then I do it again anyways the next month.
Was thinking on starting a Gambler's Anonymous for Torn.
My stats are similar. Its pointless playing that game so much time spent clicking for nothing :P
I once lost 50 mil in bookie on a single game, Made back 500 mil with the right information and guts
As a newbie, I lost everything a few times on Blackjack. I know 260mil seems like its the end of the world and your gameplay now but it really isnt.....
This is such a regular event and sad sack thread that I can't even bother digging up a lame gif to mock your pain. Fortunately, while Torn's casino isn't generous, its populous is. Hang tight, the pain train should choo choo through here in no time...
the casino will eat your face.......just repaint it and try try some more
I didn't know the casino is a money pit and heavily skewed against the gambler.
lost about 600m on blackjack last week, networth back at 50m now - kinda gives you something to do grinding it all back
I remember I lost my full Torn life savings on blackjack back in the days when I was maybe 200 days old at most. $660,000 in total. I had spent months and months building that cash up. When I lost it all I was devastated and nearly smashed up my computer. I was annoyed for days.
Crazy how times have changed. $660,000 is nothing nowadays, even to a new player. $660,000 was still not much back then to any older player, but for a new guy $660,000 took a lot of time and effort to build up. Or, at least, it seemed like it at the time.
However, the value of money is only relative to what you can buy for it, and how much others have and what they can buy with their money.
The golden days of Torn City was back when $660,000 meant something. Back when it was a genuine long-term financial objective to save up for a shiny new Steyr AUG from Big Al's Gun Shop. Back when you'd stockpile a few stolen Flat Screen TVs and sell them off to the TC Super Store, and the couple thousand dollars or so that you'd earn would be a genuine monetary boost that would activate some sort of binary-based dopamine rush.
...Fuck man, I'm bad for going off on a nostalgic tangent...
260M, that's cute.
You have 0 casino tokens and a current streak of $-2,793,000,000
When coding a stealth virus was a tangible source of income....
I lost 10 b in one poker hand a few months back but didn't bother me really as I knew the risks of playing since then rebuilt learned my lesson and glad to say been Casino free for almost a month ha..
Should be a river on the Torn map - The River of Tears, from all the gamblers who've lost.
Do I care? No, not one f**king bit.
Damned inflation, driving prices up