Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crashing

Started by FLHTCUI [2013992] on in Racing.

9 replies · 155 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
FLHTCUI [2013992]

just got to class A! I followed the guides the best I could and saved up enough points to completely outfit a car.

Hiwever, even completely outfitted doesn't guarantee you'll win the race, and I've been introduced to a new aspect of racing.



Crashing....



When I crash, I lose upgrades, and so far, I'm not earning enough points to keep up...

Does anyone have a solution to this?
JET67 [1964509]

get a job that gives racing points if you are in to racing, mechanic, car dealer and gas station i believe maybe more


FLHTCUI [2013992]

What are the odds of crashing and losing upgrades faster than you can gain points to replace them? You lose just a few and it makes you uncompetitive. Is it even possible to race in class A without a company special for upgrade points? Because so far, I can't seem to place enough to pay for these upgrades I'm losing
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I've never worked for any company that gave any benefits to racing, so I know it isn't necessary if you do things right.

Crashes are pretty uncommon, random, and will normally destroy 1 to 3 upgrades. Someone above said 5 max, but I've never seen it do more than 3, and I think that's the max.

I think you just had bad luck with a few crashes in a row right after you reached A class.

Higher racing skill will help. To gain skill, run lots of 100 lap races on long tracks. I usually do it with Docks, at least 2 or 3 races a day. It doesn't even matter if you win/place in those races, you're just building your driver skill.




Timoteo32 [530518]

Damn, I thought crashing was only a thing in Class A after I read this post. I just wrecked in C and lost 20% of the points invested in my car WTF???? 12 points is such a huge amount down here. :(