Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Incorrect Terms

Started by Featherfield [2038006] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 179 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Featherfield [2038006]

I have noticed that with regards to guns the word used for the magazine in the game is 'clip' and not magazine. Clip is incorrect; clips are strips of metal that hold bullets whereas magazines are the containers that are inserted in to the gun.

It is kind of insignificant but I enjoy accuracy.

If there are any other terms that you find that are incorrect please post them.
Philistine [475622]

Not all guns have magazines that can be removed, the M1 Garand for example used stripper clips that were put into a fixed magazine, so it may not be a blanket fix for all weapons.

Pushing to Chedburn.
Featherfield [2038006]

Good point, not all guns use magazines. I guess that there should be a differentiation made between those that do and don't if the staff are interested in accuracy.
Featherfield [2038006]
  • The MP5 Navy is a SMG Weapon.
    Lightweight and air-cooled, one of the most widely used submachine guns in the world. 30 rounds per clip.
    • Shop Buy:
      $5,600
    • Shop Sell:
      $3,800
    • Value:
      $3,500
    • Circulation:
      79,267
    • Damage:
      44.06
    • Accuracy:
      59.19
    • Rate of Fire:
      5-8
    • Stealth:
      3.1
    • Ammo:
      9mm Parabellum Round
    • Clip:
      3 x 30
LDP [1580562]

Would be difficult to differentiate between guns that use 'magazines' and 'clips'. Weapons would have be categorized into separate sub sections relating to their ammo type, just for a way of words? Not sure if it's worth it.

Passing back to Ched for final decision.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I believe 'clip' is also slang for 'magazine'? I could be wrong - but that's how I've always known it. I can change references of 'clip' to 'magazine' where needed, it's just the MP5 description?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I've gone ahead and just updated all references of 'clips' to 'magazines' in item descriptions (18 in total).