Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mac Book

Started by Jobby [1640111] on in Technology.

2 replies · 24 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
7 / 100
Story score
19 / 100
Engagement score
31 / 100
Jobby [1640111]

Kinda curious, I've never been an Apple fan, but like anal, I won't knock it untill I've tried it..so I've a question..

...I just saw an advert on TV for an Apple Mac Brook Pro and they were going on about it's new I5 processor.......my second hand re condidtioned cheap as feck all piece off poop two year old lappy has an I5 processor in it...is Apple really that bad these days?????



Edit: I paid under 200 euro for my lappy two years ago, ****ed in an ssd and extra ram so we'll say 250 euro ish?? ...I'm not going to look but I'm guessing a grand for an apple?
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

I owned an iPod once. Never again.

You can't upgrade Mac books, I've heard. I have an MSI laptop I can upgrade the RAM and GPU (it has a GTX 970). Both the GPU and I7 CPU are both overclockable with the press of a button. I can also switch from integrated graphics to dedicated graphics with the press of a button. All for 1500 USD.

Far superior to any overpriced crapple product.
Astral [300312]

I got a free Macbook Retina late 2015 model from work, priced at £1300ish at the time.

It's okay, I'm not the biggest fan of Mac OS, maybe being so used to Windows. The screen quality is the main thing that is awesome, the fact that it is so light, and good battery life.

I would have much preferred if work got our team a Surface Pro each, but Mac's are okay, better than iPhone's imo. But I personally wouldn't shell out £1300 for it, better hardware for a Windows machine could be obtained.