Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

One reporter.

Started by jump792 [1967039] on in Questions & Answers.

24 replies · 405 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Glimph [1950707] ×1

jump792 [1967039]

I want to ask, why is sugarvavles the only reporter in the game? I mean, I'm sure people might want to see how someone else works as a report...some people may not prefer the style of sugarvavles, others may just want to see someone else for a change...why is there only one reporter is the real question I guess. Illusionists also appears to be a reporter, but he rarely reports much...so, why is this the way it is?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Illusionist is also a reporter, sugarvalves as mentioned is the only one paid to produce articles on a weekly basis.
Winged_Cougar [1993598]

Presumably, it's still possible, although highly unlikely, for players to be able to submit articles. This was formerly possible, and there is still a merit for it. Seemingly though, that program was discontinued with the advent of sugarvalves.



I'd wager a guess that if you submitted high enough quality material, that they would at least consider it. One of the problems with that is, you have to compete with someone who has "under-the-hood" access to some aspects of Torn which normal players do not have(i.e. sugarvalves has been granted access to some reporting features that average joe player does not have access to).
jump792 [1967039]

There are many words I could say to all this...but I'll try to sum it up in one: WHY? JUST WHY? dammit, I used three...seven...nine, there we go...son of a bitch.
jump792 [1967039]

Gholden also holds the title of reporter...but it's been a long time since they reported...Ched, you have multiple reporters, but why does only one actually do anything, and another does them from time to time because he is in the player committee and likely doesn't have a lot of time for this shit?
arrow [2024586]

The other reporters aren't paid to report things so they have no obligation to do it even if they do hold the title reporter so piss off.
jump792 [1967039]

Then why do they still have the title? Do they want to have something they really couldn't give a rats ass about? Also, how many god damn reporters do we have just sitting their asses on their title?
arrow [2024586]

You jealous?



Whats it to you if they have the title.

They can still write articles at any time if they feel like. They just aren't forced to. They are players, not cheds employees.
jump792 [1967039]

...My problem is they aren't writing them...They can write them, but why hold a title you don't use? I am aware they are players, but that's like saying a helper is also a player. They wanted to be one (they weren't forced to be reporters...were they?), so it's expected they actually use the title they hold and carry out what can be expected of someone whos title actually means something aside from a minority.

I mean, you'd think some people would want to be a reporter...there's what, 500 players every hour?
themainman [1629262]

The title means nothing really if they wanted to they could probably write an article again but they have no need and nothing interesting has happened that could be reported on

Sugervalves is paid like I said to do this and to write the articles and other things. The other reporters aren't paid and chose to be a reporter and did weekly/ monthly articles before sugervalves was around
arrow [2024586]

I disagree. Helpers are unpaid also so can't be forced to do stuff.

Thats why we have many lazy staffers which is fine cause they're volunteering their time and putting in effort for the good of the game without being paid any wages at all.

Just cause they have the title doesn't mean they actually do or have to do shit.
jump792 [1967039]

And yet a player can't become a reporter anymore...sounds like some bullshit if I ever heard any before. But while some helpers are not always gonna be the most workaholic helpers, there is supposedly a process that actually exists in choosing a helper, right? But as far as reporters go, they stopped allowing people to be reporters for...unknown reasons.

But if they don't give a ****, why isn't it given to a person who does give a ****? I'm sure (actually, I know) that people have been replaced before, quit, or just simple were told "**** off mate, you suck".

That, and while helpers are unpaid, they aren't all lazy...I mean hell, two staffers commented on this thread telling me there were more reporters to begin with! I just thought it was sugarvalves and illusions and titled this thread "one reporter" ffs.

EDIT: as you can tell, I am more of a globalite as I am not used to the F-word being fully censored...
arrow [2024586]

Oh piss off.

I can tell no intelligent conversation is going to happen here. This is my last post on this matter.
sugarvalves [1963573] Committee Committee

Personally I'd love to see more people writing articles for the paper. A fair few players have contacted me to ask about submitting, and I've always encouraged them to develop their idea and write something up. Doesnt matter if they're a bit rough and ready, if there's a solid idea there that people will find interesting I'm more than happy to run it by Ched and tidy the piece up for publishing if needed. Sadly nobody has followed through with it yet, but if anyone's got a half formed thought, a major scoop or an intriguing angle just drop me a message.
jump792 [1967039]

Challenge accepted, check your messages. Also, I am not a reporter so it maybe rough on the edges. The Headline would be the messages title incase you were wondering.
Butterfree [140788]

I guess people are trying to say that since so many players have the title of "reporter" , the powers that be might feel as though we do not need any more reporters. When in fact there are always people who would be interested in it, but they are not insiders so may not be able to get in?