Hi Guys,
I just spend 50 points on that city watch, only to find that it requires Java6. You can't ask people to install v6 anymore. It is super vulnerable and no longer receiving security updates. The product went EOL in FEB 2011 and received it's last update in FEB 2013.
I'd pull the release on your website until you find the time to port it to 8.
Pushing to Chedburn.
Or save your 50 points and use DocTorn instead ;)
To be fair, in its day City Watch was worth purchasing for the 50 points however, with the advent of DocTorn it has rendered it obsolete.
City watch needs to be scrapped now and everyone who purchased it refunded.
Mobile notifications on an app that receives updates would be good if Ched wanted to push City Watch to Android - easier to do than a full app for the game I'm guessing.
**** i just R+'d then saw it was Ali :(
I think we're looking in to having our own notifications via browser which may eventually negate the need for CityWatch.
Bump, then disable citywatch and refund 50 points please.
I also hate that this went discontinued.
The point of CityWatch is so that you have a background program ready incase you have notifications etc, people with slow/shit laptops that have to have chrome/firefox open that does use ram/cpu isn't helpful at all whereas citywatch acts somewhat silent. I think you should not only fix the current version of citywatch(for those that don't want a browser version and would infact prefer a desktop version) and perhaps the browser version - despite doctorn being available.
Great.....i've just wasted 50 points then on something i thought worked.
Can i have my 50pts back please?
You can use the newest Java runtimes without issue, I do.
Why not just run it on the most recent install of java?
Because it would make your life easier and obviously nobody wants to do that
Please do not post in Bugs & Issues unless you have additional information that can help us.
okay
Anyone still having this issue?
I'm using CityWatch 2.0.6 on Java 8 Update 161 without issues.
i'll close this report. if anyone has any issue, please post back here.