Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

three upgrades lost

Started by Charbon [14922] on in Bugs & Issues.

19 replies · 303 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×1

Charbon [14922]

I checked the upgrade tree and noticed that three of our upgrades were lost and we do not have the respect to put them back up. Is this from the bug that was fixed with drug armoury upgrade?



Upgrades lost are addiction IX, side effects 1 & 2
THCBlueberry [123265]

i have just noticed we have lost our latest 2 on the steadfast branch, not enough to unlock again and no total respect lost to account for the lost upgrades to the branch
Charbon [14922]

I'd like to add that our faction also lost 2 chains worth of respect on top of the three upgrades. the total seems to line up to around the 6k respect for drug armory but I'm not really sure what the exact number would be


Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Ahh, I think you spent all of your respect, and then the 'Drug armoury' bug was fixed, which then stole the assigned respect from your other upgrades. All's working as expected I believe - it was a bug fix that caused it.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

The bug was that drug armoury wasn't being assigned the respect it said. So you had that respect for free to spend on other upgrades. Now it's been corrected.
jump792 [1967039]

Do My Thang has been credited with 4,750 respect to cover the changes in starting respect. Was this credit for things the system couldn't undo the spending on such as temp weapons or points storage? If so, the drug armory for meh faction was brought before the update to the factions system and should have also been included in that (Or I could always be wrong, but I thought there was an immediate respect coverage for things already purchased before the faction tree update).
Rekker [1761]

'Please see other reports.' Chedburn [1]

I guess he meant this thread?



Missing 6k respect from faction not sure where it's gone.
Please note I have spent 5k respect since this has gone missing.


Mentions: Chedburn [1]

Beevis72 [988074]

It seems as If I am having the same problem except I am showing -331 available respect. Does this mean my faction is going to be destroyed? Had I known there was a bug with the drug armoury I would not have spent respect on non refundable upgrades.
-TheDarkKnight- [760575]

if thats the case shouldn't we lose 16k respect instead of 5-6k respect as drug armoury costs more then 5-6k respect iam confused as we shoude not lost any respect still it shoude be fixed before relesed not wait 2 months then change it and everyone dont know whats going on

Edit: drug armour now shows 6.6k respect it once showed 16k respect i thought
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Yes, you were given the additional respect for it. The respect isn't gone, it's just assigned to drug armoury now instead. Before, 0 respect was assigned to it due to a bug.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

#rant

bought a faction with 5 upgrades in excursion was in process of transferring them over to the medical side as thats what i wanted to build up over time. Now got -960 respect and no branches was going to start recruiting now got **** all to offer anybody.

Torn money down the toilet.

lesson learned - and it was not a very nice one.




socialeyes [823526]

The loss of upgrades is more than just the loss of respect but the work that people put in to complete the tasks to enable the upgrades.

Wouldn't it have been better to have allowed factions to keep the upgrades achieved but given them negative respect and say 60 days to recover the negative respect before removing the upgrades. Or alternatively, make an announcement of the amount of respect that was going to be remove and set an advance date when it would happen. You could have restricted further upgrades until the respect was paid off.

The blanket removal without notification or advisory notice is poor management and customer service.