Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Asylum

Started by Romi [2042838] on in Roleplay.

316 replies · 649 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 317 / 317 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
317
Discussion span
→
Authority score
12 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Romi [2042838]

The Asylum - A Supernatural Horror


YouTube video 6O68-HpfWrk






Welcome to the Burke Asylum,

Where patients enter, but are never released.

With all the comforts of home, just out of reach.

Friendly staff, just not to you.

Where past and present meets, a mystery awaits, a monster feeds and the future depends on the Fates.


Instructions, READ IT:

If you are interested in participating, state you character's name, a brief back ground history( which may or may not contain a mystery) and your insanity choice.

Please choose your insanity carefully:
  • Phobia - A phobia is an irrational fear, a kind of anxiety disorder in which the individual has a relentless dread of a situation, living creature, place, or thing. Individuals with a phobia go to great lengths to avoid a perceived danger which is much greater in their minds than in real life. = -2 sanity
  • Addiction - Addiction is a condition that results when a person ingests a substance (e.g., alcohol, cocaine, nicotine) or engages in an activity (e.g., gambling, sex, shopping) that can be pleasurable but the continuation of which becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary responsibilities and concerns, such as work. = -3 sanity
  • Schizophrenia - a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation. = -4 sanity
  • Sociopath - A sociopath typically has a conscience, but its weak. He may know that taking your money is wrong, and he might feel some guilt or remorse, but that wont stop his behavior. = -5 sanity
  • Psychopath - A psychopath doesnt have a conscience. If he lies to you so he can steal your money, he wont feel any moral qualms, though he may pretend to. He may observe others and then act the way they do so hes not found out." = -6 sanity
StrengthIntelligenceDexterityCharmLuckSanity
Phobia1510101010-2
Addiction1010151010-3
Schizophrenia1010101015-4
Sociopath1010101510-5
Psychopath1015101010-6


Our story will commence on the 1 April 2017..........Welcome fellow patients!








Jackerybean [1994422]

Reco Tangler

Male

26 Years old

Sociopath

Reco has lived without a family since he was 4, he grew up in an orphanage where he learned to be a lock-picker from the head staff member, who he later left for dead after stealing his car. He has been previously caught for minor crimes but has always broke or charmed his way out. When admitted to Burke he assumed he would just have to break out again and charmed an item off of one of the guards, just in case.
Deriah [2025141]

Ruby was a nice, kind person. She grew up in a city with her mum and dad, she got married to her first love, they had a child together, moved to suburbs and when her son was bigger and older, she found herself a gret job. Perfect life.

Except she didn't really felt that way. In fact, she never felt anything. And the night a burglar came into their house and she had killed him in self-defense, that haven't changed. Even the police told her she was a hero.

When she opened up to her husband about her lack of conscience, he freaked out. She tried to silence him, worried that he might wake up their son. When words didn't help, Ruby took a knife from the kitchen and stabbed her better half. He ended up with 27 stabwounds amd died in an ambulance. Apparently, their neighbour called the police. This time, nobody thought she was a hero.

Ruby's son went to live with Ruby's parents and she was transported to the nearest asylum. After few tests, the psychiatrists come up with a diagnosis.

Ruby is a psychopath.
R6_Fuze [2029431]

Patient No. 5-6025 Harris "Verdun"

Age: 29

Birthplace: Amiens, France

Time in Asylum: 3 years

Diagnosis: Schizophrenia

Background: (This part of the file has been stained with a crimson colored liquid)

Description: Acknowledges condition when not having a breakdown, during these breakdowns Harris tends to enter an extreme state of shock, see definition for shellshock. Due to current behavior, Harris is free to wander most of the facility, excluding restricted zones for staff. Noted to offer help to staff often, keep watch on him for suspicious activity.

Transcript from Interview No. 003

Dr. [REDACTED] : "So you are aware of you condition, yes?"

Harris: "Yes."

Dr. [REDACTED] : "Have you attempted fixing it?"

Harris: "Yes but I've given up... Can I go now?"

Dr. [REDACTED] : "I suppose so, we can continue this talk later"

End of Transcript

Note: Dr. [REDACTED] was not seen for the next 2 days before his corpse was found 3 miles away from the compound.
Volta [1869641]

William Leroux was born in an unnamed swamp community in Louisiana. His age is unknown, but one could guesss he's in his late 20's. He developed a fear of being touched during his younger years. He was taken to swamp doctors, evangelicals and shrinks, all with out remedy.

While not predisposed to violence, the sight of hands or being touched has led to some rather obscure art work, which got him sent to the farm. He has been a resident since childhood. His room is covered in paintings and sketches of people without hands. The doctors don't know if this phobia was brought on by a traumatic experience or hallucination or something else - William won't say a word about it.
DeadmanWonder [2011664]

Patient Number: #001

Patient Name: Unknown. Calls himself Deadman and Patient Zero.

Patient Disorder: Multiple personality disorder. Extreme psychopathic tendencies.

Additional Notes:

Patient #001 appears, on the most part, to be fitting well into his environment. He is keeping to himself however, since his arrival in the Arkham facility, a number of suicides have been recorded, with each of the detainees using their own nails to rake out their eyes. Patient #001 has only attempted to escape once, seemingly under the influence of his secondary persona, who he calls Patient Zero. During this attempt, three wardens were stabbed with scissors, dying in hospital, and a SWAT team were incinerated after the aforementioned patient hijacked a military truck that was in pursuit of him, removed the petrol cap, slashed sections of the vehicles petrol tank and drove it into their heavy vehicle.

Following this attempt, Patient #001 was returned to the facility after he drove a number of screws into his own head and fainted from blood loss. The screws remain embedded in his head due to risk of death should removal occur. Many attempts have been made on Patient #001's life, but all his aggressors have been mutilated and killed in the process.

Patient #001 will not be transported to Burke Asylum until April 13th, due both to a lack of personnel available for transport, and also because the available staff are to scared to.

Patient #001 is extremely dangerous, and should be interacted with only when necessary.



I wonder why they've written all this. I didn't kill any SWAT team.

I did.

Really?

Yes. I managed to suppress you while I escaped.

So that's why we were in the truck...

Yes. And then you went and put screws into your- our head.

Oh yeah. I had to though.

Why?

How else was I going to kill that guy... Tony, wasn't it?

Yes.

How else was I going to kill Tony when he attacked me with a taser?

I remember now. You headbutted him while we were all electrified. But you didn't know he was going to try and kill us.

It was a contingency plan.

No. You're just insane.

Oh... Maybe. He was crispier than that Peking duck we ate in the cell.

That wasn't duck. That was the warden.

Oh... Yeah. The aerosol-match thingie.

That's the one.

What's the deal with this Burke Asylum thing anyway?

Who knows? Maybe they think they can contain us.

Or kill us.

Or kill us. Yes.

Maybe we'll make some new friends....

We'll see...
StrayDog09 [2029517]

Name: Dante Machiavelli

Age: 18

Diagnosis: Psychopath

History:

Patient has uncanny ability to mask his true intentions. This must be reiterated again and again to anyone dealing with him as many institutions had failed to realize this until it was too late. Do Not Be Fooled. He is very charming and intelligent when he wants to be, has a very good sense of humor and at the same time is a walking time-bomb. Last institution to take hold of him, Cerulean Institute for the Mentally Ill has been burned to the ground. A journal was found on the patient when he was recaptured by the authorities and brought here. Thanks to this, we now know the subject's way of thinking, or at least we hope. Recent examinations has shown the patient to be very cooperative, however we have no way of knowing if his submission to treatment is genuine or just for show.



Transcript:



Patient: Have you come again to talk of philosophy doctor?

Examiner: I'm afraid not, This time I'd like to ask about your past.

Patient: My past? I'm afraid there's nothing much I can tell you about it.

Examiner: Can you not at least try to remember some of your childhood memories?

Patient: (smiles) I've never been a child doctor, the world made sure of that.

Examiner: What do you mean?

Patient: Come now, you've read my journal.

Examiner: Well, yes but I'm afraid it is not enough to help us understand your current predicament so we can help you.

Patient: You should not worry about me doctor, you must look first to yourself and to the people in this place.



Transcript ends abruptly.
Romi [2042838]

Welcome Patients(Players)!


I am your Game Keeper, Romar02.



I hope you enjoy the journey in The Asylum with me.



I will try to make it as fun, interesting and horror filled as my imagination will allow.


Please note the following:


= We will still adhere to the basic rules of Torn.

= I will be using images, video clips and sound clips, containing "horrific" content, to make the game more....... appetizing to the pallet.

= I will be using the following site to roll the dice, which will determine you loss or gain in your stats :

https://rolz.org/dr?room=The%20Burke%20Asylum

You can check up if you want to.

= I will be creating situations, where choices will be made, these choices will have an influence on your role play and your stats. All players start with level 1 and 0 EXP.

= Please pm me, if you want to take your character a certain direction and needs my help to accomplish it.


Most of all, Enjoy, Think out of the Box and Bring out the Dark Side of Yourself.

Romi [2042838]


The Introduction


[image: s4.storage.akamai.coub.com] " Welcome Patient, I am Sister Smith, the two nurses, Ben and Todd, will assist me to get you settled in your room, you will be having a meeting with our esteemed Dr. Burke, tomorrow morning, where you will also be meeting other patients."

Room 1 = Reco Tangler - Sociopath

Room 2 = Ruby - Psychopath.

Room 3 = Harris "Verdun" - Schizophrenia

Room 4 = William Leroux - Phobia

Room 5 = Deadman and Patient Zero.- Multiple personality disorder. Extreme psychopathic tendencies.

Room 6 = Dante Machiavelli - Psychopath



Sister Smith makes sure all the locks on each room is secure, but after the injection she administrated to each patient, she knows no one will be trouble tonight.

"Bob, keep an eye on our patients tonight and Todd relieve him at 2 am, I don't expect trouble, but you never know." Bob takes a seat behind the desk. while Todd takes the stairs down to the ground level, Sister Smith take the elevator up to Dr. Burke's rooms.

In Dr.Burke's office:

"Dr. Burke, I don't agree with the fact that you want to throw all of these patients together, some of them are criminally insane, and then putting them together with an innocent like William Leroux, it is unheard of."

Dr. Burke's answer shocks Sister Smith to a moment of speechlessness. "You cannot do that, Dr. Burke, if anyone finds out...."

His next statement brings a slight degree of appeasement to Sister Smith. "Fine ,Dr.Burke, I will do as you say. Have a good night"

Leaving the level that is exclusively used by Dr.Burke, Sister Smith makes her way to level 3 where her room is situated, while riding down in the elevator, she feels a slight concern about the meeting tomorrow, it is going to be a delicate situation, everything needs to be handled carefully.

In Sister's Smith's bedroom:

Sister Catherine Smith takes a pack of letters out of her writing desk, carefully she loosens the green string around it. Reading them a secret smile forms on her lips. Afterwards she arranges them, tie the green string around them and hides them back in the corner of the drawer.

"If only you kept my secret, Allison."

[image: 1.bp.blogspot.com] Click on it.


GameKeeper: For an 100 EXP points pm me the answer to the following question:

"What do you think happened to Allison?"
Romi [2042838]

The next morning.....

[image: vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net] "Good morning, my Patients! Welcome, welcome....some of you have been here before, for others it is their first time. Sister Smith assured me, all of you will cooperative with this new journey we are taking to......mmm......better yourselves."

Sister Smith show all the patients their seats, all docile after the injection she gave them. Bob and Todd are close by to help.

"Well, patients, introduce yourselves to the group, let's get this under go."
Deriah [2025141]

Ruby starts talking.

''I am Ruby Chester. Actually, that depends. Do you still get to keep your husband's last name if you killed him? Because after all these years, Ruby Conner just doesn't sound right.

I am here because my husband wouldn't shut up. He kept looking at me all judgy and saying I'm a freak. I couldn't let Nathan, my son, to hear him say stuff like that about me now, could I? So, here I am. 'Accepting my punishment' or whatever crap they wanna call it.''
Jackerybean [1994422]

Reco begins his introduction.

"Accepting our punishment huh? sounds about right. I didn't stick around any of the other prisons long enough to do this so... let me introduce myself.

I'm Reco Tangler, pronounced Ree-co not Reh-co, apparently I'm a sociopath but I'm pretty sure the world is just tired of me and sent me here, nice to meet you all."
R6_Fuze [2029431]

Harris remains silent the whole time, humming an old song to himself. He lightly scratches the arm rests on his chair. He obviously doesn't want to be here.
StrayDog09 [2029517]

Dante surveys his companions and chuckles to himself.

" I understand that we are all here for some sort of treatment but for this to work you require our cooperation, don't you Doctor?" There is a hint of mockery in his voice. " I'll play along since my companions here have obliged. My name is Dante Machiavelli, what I am here for, I am pretty sure the good doctor here will tell you."
Volta [1869641]

[image: i64.tinypic.com]











William looked around to spot the location of everyone's hands. After he had counted how many feet were in between each patient and himself; he rested his bony shoulders against the chair, gazed at the ceiling, and said, "8 hands and 2 are 20 feet - 20 feet is too close, doctor. I would like to go to my room now."
StrayDog09 [2029517]

"Perhaps someone far worst than the people present in here?" Dante felt uncomfortable with the idea of a patient he had no idea about. He disliked surprises, he doesn't like the idea of having no control.