Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Where's my forums button?

Started by Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

28 replies · 430 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

[image: image.prntscr.com]

Why was the forums button removed? I used to always navigate tot he forums this way... As otherwise I keep having to close and open chats, and scroll down to actually navigate to the forums... It was by far the button I used most in the entirety of Torn...

Sorry if this is too fast to make it, but well.. I've already tried clicking there several times... [:tongue:]

Also, now you need to buy a laptop to navigate to the forums whilst travelling, seems silly...
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It doesn't make sense to have two links that go to the same place. Those top bar links were only ever meant for 'logged-out' Torn, because we've always had 'Forums' in the sidebar, or the forum button on laptops. Any ideas?
Cursed [1901987]

just keep it, i use the link above HOF but it'll make people happy



also can confirm what harley said about "credits", it redirects me to hospitalview, so presumably intented to be index
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

They're also accessible when logged out, I'd agree with Handsomepants it would make more sense to remove it from the sidebar, as it's not an actual game feature, more a help feature like the "Help" page..
KPCSlor [1557404]

Flying and had this same complaint

Had to open the laptop to view the forums and that interface is terrible to view forums on. I was able to right-click and view in new tab, but that would be difficult if I was on mobile.



Definitely need the forums button back on the top ribbon bar
Ladybug- [2023052]

I use mobile all the time and always click on the laptop to view forums. It's never been a problem. I wouldn't have even noticed the forum button was moved from the top.
LouBaker [1162207]

I myself only ever use that forum link, dont have a side bar when flying and dont use the side bar when its there for forums

never have since you put it up there
Multipass [1955315]

You have two links to the same place in so many places. Every link on the city page exists once on the map and once on the text only view and most of them also exist in the sidebar. I can understand trying to streamline ux/ui but i think for forums the most used link is the one you removed (maybe I'm totally wrong though). I've never used the sidebar link for forums.

As others have said this makes it a pain to get to the forums, especially while flying. Click the laptop, click the chat bubble icon then you get to the forum with the "inside the laptop" view which is a waste of screen real estate. Then you have to click on a post so that you can see the "path to the post" which starts at "Forum Main". Clicking that "Forum Main" chevron button thing finally brings us back to the normal fullscreen forum view which we could have got to with a single click previously. 4 clicks vs 1.
-DELTA- [2036372]

Just gonna file a bug report but here it is already...

Dear Ched, where is MY forum button?

Im currently using Chrome on Android Mobile to browse Torn. :(
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

We'll try to find a way to do it tomorrow, unfortunately it means merging all links in to a dropdown menu - for tablet at least.

It will have to go eventually - when the new travelling update is complete, forums can go back on the sidebar.