Tell me the most horrible paranormal experience you have been through.
Tell me.
Started by Ortet [2053385] on in Paranormal.
About this thread
Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 23
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 9 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- rodrigosth [2011500]
· 6 likes ·
Can't say this was a full ghost experience but it shud fit. So, I live in a quite wooded area, some houses spot the forest but more sparse than a village. Naturally, some houses get abandoned and people take their … - rodrigosth [2011500]
· 3 likes ·
Gonna use the hospital time to post another find in the woods, this one was more hidden than the aviary. So I'm walking around through woods again, this time finding a path covered by reeds and a fallen tree. I … - MadHatter [486416]
· 2 likes ·
Sleep paralysis It's not necessarily paranormal, but the delusion/dream involved some malicious paranormal entities.
Tell me the most horrible paranormal experience you have been through.
...
PARANORMAL?
I have a lot of them. Kappa
Can't say this was a full ghost experience but it shud fit.
So, I live in a quite wooded area, some houses spot the forest but more sparse than a village. Naturally, some houses get abandoned and people take their stuff leaving behind some junk.
Well I decided to go into this huge abandoned property, couldn't tell what it was at first but had a lot of long buildings and a few old looking houses.
First thing I could tell was that it had been an aviary, you could tell by the hanging feeders and water holders and the wooden coops leaning against the walls. This was no modern thing, must have been very old.
After inspecting the buildings where the chickens were kept I went to the houses, the first was small, had some old furnishings and a few clothes and ancient foam matresses around, nothing too special.
Now the next house, looked a bit more kept even though some walls were rotting away. The bottom floor was basicly impossible to get in because of how much junk and clutter it had. There was everything there, old trunks with nothing in, clothes, shoes, boxes of blank paper notes, broken wood and destroyed furniture.
Moving to the upper floor, it was an "ample" room, a table for two was set, plates, cups and bottle of champagne in the middle. On the right of the room there was a bed with covers and a pillow, looked as if someone left bed and it was never touched since then. On the left there was a cabinet full of cattle medicine, at least a hundred of little vials, bottles, pills and sprays were there.
The bottle looked very old so it was not some hobo that was squating in that house, I tried searching for dates on some papers and the most recent date I found was 1984 and it was 2010 when I found that place.
It was eerie to see that something had been abandoned for this long and there were barely any signs that people had been there untill then. No recent trash, no graffiti, nothing was vandalized, everything was just abandoned.
The real sign that some serious shit had gone down there was when I went back to where they kept the birds and found a preserved chicken corpse under a plywood board. I realised the floor was actualy covered with very decomposed chicken remains, not just dirt.
Whatever drove the people out of there was bad enough to make them leave 3 aviarys full of chickens to die. It really felt like something very grieving made them just get the **** out and keep people out untill I got there.
Over the years I noticed people were actualy going there now, a few graffities were made and very well done murals too. The place got vandalized with broken walls, smashed chicken coops and such.
Nowadays the house that looked frozen in time is collapsed on itself and some dudes are playing airsoft.
Definitely weird. Something must of made the owners leave in a darn hurry. ??
I think two families used to live in that place since there were 2 habitational houses, the emptiest one having 3 rooms with just the beds and wardrobes and a living room and the other one having a kitchen that was completly caved in and 2 rooms.
Well now that I think about it I think both houses used the same bathroom and kitchen. It could have been that the family living in the emptiest house just packed and left and the original owners, probably an old couple, just stayed there for a while and just up and left some day. I should tell another tale about abandoned houses in the woods but I don't think they are much better than this one.
Gonna use the hospital time to post another find in the woods, this one was more hidden than the aviary.
So I'm walking around through woods again, this time finding a path covered by reeds and a fallen tree. I deciced to trample through the reeds and not too deep in there was a quite beaten path, however there was barely any direct sunlight in there due to how reeds were towering and bending over the path.People use these reeds and thorn bushes to mark property limits where I live, thats why thye were so overgrown.
After following the path for a short while I come across a small creek, the first time I went there I just crossed it and ended up by a dirt road with normal houses. However I came back a few days later and the creek was running a bit dry now and it was possible to walk upstream so I followed that path since I already knew what was downstream.
I could tell that if i kept going in that direction I would reach a normal paved road between towns but I wanted to see what I could find and challenge myself to walk the creek. The first clearing I came across where I could actualy get out of the creek was a farm, in my innocence I thought it would be ok to walk to the nearest road through it since I didn't really felt like walking along a creek with insects all over my face.
Suddenly a skinny old man comes running after me and throws an iron pipe at me. I just ran back and slid my ass down the slope to the creek, jumped to the opposite side and lost myself in a reed field. I think the old man by then would not follow me in there but going back was not an option so I kept going further into the field. Not long after I arrive at a clearing, I can see a sealed well and what looked like a very tiny garage, as I go further up I find a two story old and squalid wooden shack. Beside it was an overgrown cactus garden, not growing up but spread across the ground. ...
Sorry I have to leave now but I'll finish this one later since I'm not in my PC and throw in an extra story for taking up posts
Two words: Rosie O'Donnell
Sleep paralysis
It's not necessarily paranormal, but the delusion/dream involved some malicious paranormal entities.
Please finish :)
More detail please
not nice experience at all - had it multiple times years back.
I remember being deeply fascinated by sleep paralysis before I experienced it, even to the point of trying to induce it. There's a technique that I found that was supposed to put you into a state of sleep paralysis, but I never quite got it to work right. The idea was to trick your body into think it was asleep, while keeping your mind awake. This was to be accomplished by lying perfectly still for somewhere around 10 minutes, until your body released the GABA/glycin to paralyze your muscles. At that point, you were supposed to enter a state of sleep paralysis but, while it technically worked, it never induced the delusions that I wanted to experience. And thank god it didn't...
A while after that, I actually experienced sleep paralysis on three separate occasions, and they were all burned into my memory. Knowing it wasn't real somehow didn't make it any less terrifying. In a way, I got exactly what I wanted.
I typed up all of my stories in another thread a while back. Here are my three experiences with sleep paralysis
Reading back through that post, I apparently started trying to induce it after I had already experienced it. Maybe I'll start giving it another go.
Ok, so this wasn't horrible (it was actually pretty goddamn funny), but it's also supremely paranormal.
My house ghost liked to **** with my friends on my behalf
Mentions: Strangest Unexplained Phenomena
Sorry, forgot I had to finish this.
Anyways, I step into the shack and there are TV magazines sprawled across the floor and stacked all over the place, most of them are repeated but they are all very old, I think the oldest one I managed to grab was 1997 or something, most recent was 2009 or so, can't recall too well now.
There was an area with a few diferent books and some kitchen supplies, nothing too special, I actually took a few books home with me, one of them was even a Goosebumps books. After searching this floor I go up some rickety stairs and onto a very very unstable seconf floor. It looked like someone was living in there, a couple judging from the clothes on the floor and in a tiped wardrobe. There was just an old matress on the floor and some creepy dolls around.
I was gladI got some books out of this.
Someday I'll go and take photos I can post
"very old"
"1997"
Get the **** outta here
Stuff left in a shack for 20 years can't look old now? Come on
You said they were very old, not that they looked very old.
I stand behind what I said.
Edit: the last time I went through an abandoned house, I found various relatively well-kept items from the early 1900s. I described those as "very old"
Well, you are right, 1997 is not very old. But thats neat, can't say I have found century old stuff yet though. That must be pretty neat, these places I've been to are not so out of the way so drifters and homeless people tend to squat in there sometimes. I'd have to go deep into the country again to find stuff in conditions as you said, who knows, I might have found stuff from that time back then but I was a kid and I can't quite remember but hey, exploring those place sure is fun.