Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RAMEN!

Started by IsLaNdNeMiSiS [1699293] on in Food & Cooking.

17 replies · 152 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
23 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

IsLaNdNeMiSiS [1699293]

Ramen. Words cannot describe what this food means to me! From the instant ramen which I fancy up (I can post my recipe for bomb ass Insta pack ramen). To a real bowl of Shoyu, Ramen is just heaven to me. Don't you agree? Whats your favorite kind/recipe?
McDallas [14757]

I do love a good ramen. Not so much the insta student food, but the stuff from the japanese joints. I also love a good pho. Mmm.

What's your recipe?
IsLaNdNeMiSiS [1699293]

Well the instant student food is my jam, I've tried to make it as interesting as possible over the years so.

3 Packs ramen two spicy 1 chicken or two shrimp one oriental. My personal favorite combo. Next is the vegetables, amounts is up to you :- Broccoli, Spinach, Carrots, Cabbage (I like the purple one but it turns your soup blue or brown). I boil veggies then add noodles as they get soft, I crack 2 eggs and pour it into pot while noddles just about done and stir, this cooks eggs. I then add season packets and Voila. Nothing to fancy but tons more flavor.
Homesteading [1863503]

The instant pack ramen will stay undigested for days in your gut. Consider making the noodles yourself, it will be much healthier in the long run.
Tokig [367758]

I too crack the eggs right into the pot. Used to soft boil them and slice them, but cracking them into the pot tends to work just as well.

other toppings vary greatly depending on if there's any leftover meats that I have and want to use up and what veggies are on hand.
McDallas [14757]

How do you make your own ramen noodles? I've made pasta before, like italian paste, not asian pasta, and it's so messy. Kinda kills the whole "instant noodle" benefit.

But yeah, what is the recipe you use?
Laughingman91 [2044206]

My Preferred kind is a great british Pot Noodle, or supernoodles - each have their merits and flaws.
I don't really love restaurant ramen or ramen in general, I really have to be in the mood for it where nothing else will satisfy except ramen to enjoy it.
Taburisu [295365]

3 packs? That sounds a lot.

Also, broccoli doesn't need to be boiled for too long. But personal preference came into play here.

Personally, I limit ramen to once a month. Instant one, that is. I prefer to make my own noodles on the weekend and store them for days/weeks.
Eddeh [23878] Wiki Contributor

Shin ramyun Korean ramen, add pepperami sliced up (similar to slim jims), sliced ginger, a beaten egg poored over, then top with spring onion and a drizzle of sesame oil!
fREakEr [1844126]

ohh Naruto was what pushed me to prepare noodles Ramen wise and I can tell you, the first time I taste my own made Ramen. I had no words to express this feeling. I is something that can boost my mood during my most darkest and saddest moments.

For a quick ramen I would use instant noodle. 1 boiled egg and a sauté of veggies.

I might skip the veggies because it becomes quite bulky for me.

If going for a heavy one, will put my saute chickens too.

You just made me remember Ramen, I could really use one bowl.

I would like to use fresh noodles, but here you do not have the straight noodles, some unknown Asian does those but I do not know who. The fresh noodle available almost everywhere are the one like instant/dry noodle texture. But well it is still the same...

A bowl of noodles without 1 boiled egg sliced in half is not ramen for me :'D It is the cherry of the dish.

As for the broth, I avoid using those instant ramen seasoning, soy sauce it a bit too plain, still working on this part. But the seasoning would work as well.