Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Special Refill Confirmation

Started by Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor on in Bugs & Issues.

22 replies · 209 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

More of an issue. Is it possible to get a confirmation step on our special refills? One slight mis-click (going for Merits [Use]) and instead of 150e saved for a more useful time I get to enjoy the benefits of 40 nerve.

I understand I can't be credited back ([:cry:] ) but just for the future, eh?
MightyGoober [812478]

Yeah, agreed the buttons are too easily clicked beside everything else going on. Also people who have never had a special refill don't understand [E] [N] and also question why it's sometimes there.



Making that area a little easier/confirmation would be great
Philistine [475622]

This is a suggestion, not an issue, since having it either way doesn't affect your ability to play the game, rather saves you an inconvenience of wasting a refill.

But since it's here I'll push it along for consideration.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

What are you talking about? It affects my ability to save the refill for when I need it rather than wasting it - this is an issue. The two are not mutually exclusive. Thanks for passing it along.
Stewie [1494547]

I'm not sure if you misunderstood the original post or not - the issue is that if one accidentally clicks or taps on one of the refill options (especially on mobile) they would have wasted that refill.

I seem to remember a previous staff member asking if this was possible in a previous bug report too - must have not been implemented.
Philistine [475622]

The special refills disable when your nerve or energy gets too high, so you can't waste them at full bars or anything like that.

My point was that losing some energy or nerve sucks, but it doesn't impair the ability to play the game or get value out of a refill even if you click on it by accident?

Maybe we all have different points where we consider a refill wasted then I guess.
Stewie [1494547]

If you didn't intend to use it when accidentally clicking and wanted it for some other time, where you might need that extra energy / nerve - it's wasted. A small confirm is all that's really needed here - it would probably prevent most bug reports where users claimed they never used their special refills too!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I'm afraid special refills were never intended for this purpose, they are mainly used for new players who receive some when they start (for instant use). Their whole purpose is to be very quick and easy to use.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

How hard is one extra step? You're honestly telling me that you're refusing to implement something like this because you originally intended these refills to be clicked through in 20 seconds rather than 40 (even though you give out hundreds of them to inactive accounts as well now).

Pathetic response, cheers.
Rino_007 [344056]

I don't know. It seems to me the most use of them is for a new player. What you're asking for could take a half hour to create a sort of system that has a confirmation for veterans and just get blown past for new players. It couldn't isn't the matter of possibly ( it's completely possible) it's that he doesn't want it to use up developer time for something that he will ideally almost never have been to give out very often. While I think it'd be nice there is far more important things for the developers to work on.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Why even credit them to us at all then, if the proper time and care hasn't been put in to the way we will eventually use them?
arrow [2024586]

What about the tonnes of inactive players you give refills to so they have an incentive to play again? It's not solely for new players anymore.
Rino_007 [344056]

It was his way to try to make the dos not hurt everyone as badly as possible. I think it was possible that it was the most fair thing to do in a completely unfair situation. He can't force us to use them in a specific way unless he hard codes it in. And frankly that'd be a waste of developer time. So instead he just used an existing means to give us the refills rather than dealing with added stress of making another system to give out special refills that he would ideally never need to use again.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I thought new player refills would be a good solution for compensation - I guess I'll find another way in future. Perhaps just simple direct crediting energy.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Please don't get me/us wrong - it was a great gesture from you + nothing should be taken from that. I just think preventing easy mishaps is an obvious move.
Stewie [1494547]

I would prefer confirmations for these refills to be purely optional (toggled from preferences), although not sure how feasible it would be. My understanding of the special refills was that they were to be used at a time you'd get most use out of them, and if you accidentally used one then it defeated that point - although I can appreciate that they are meant for quick and easy use for new players.
Has [1164812]

You sound like a spoiled brat there, If you can't help misclicking them you don't deserve them.. It's your problem, you messed up and want it your way and calling it pathetic for not getting it...

You should be happy you got those refills at all one click or two click...

When I was doing Search for cash crimes for 5000 merit I accidentally did more than that and now it really affects my ability to play because of my OCD Chedburn should add a confirmation screen that I have got all the merits for that crime and Am I really sure I should do this crime... Sounds really ridiculous right?
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Well okay then, let's just remove confirmation for everything! Accidentally delete your faction? No problem, you didn't deserve to have it any way. Accidentally miss a zero when adding items to your bazaar? Didn't deserve that networth!

Derp.
Has [1164812]

You earned your faction, alright.. It wasn't handed to you and same goes for everything you mentioned...



Give them a finger and they'll take the whole arm..