Hello, I am kinda new an I wanted to ask the more experienced Players how do u denim ppl who want to mug you or even random mugs ? U all probably gonna have 100 millions but sometimes u need money handy but u can't keep it in cash. I hear u can have it 6h in a trade but when I sleep I don't want to wake me up to put a new trade so I wanted to ask how you ppl do that ? what are you doing with money u want to have handy so u can buy shares or something with out the danger getting mugged and losing money ?
Mug defense
Started by Genko [2062414] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 17
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
Hello, I am kinda new an I wanted to ask the more experienced Players how do u denim ppl who want to mug you or even random mugs ? U all probably gonna have 100 millions but sometimes u need money handy but u can't keep it in cash. I hear u can have it 6h in a trade but when I sleep I don't want to wake me up to put a new trade so I wanted to ask how you ppl do that ? what are you doing with money u want to have handy so u can buy shares or something with out the danger getting mugged and losing money ?
One easy trick is to keep it at the Bookie. Simply bet on an event a few days away and just remember to move, or remove, the bet before the timer ticks down (usually you can find events 5-6 days away).
Store it in points or xanax.
A bigger guide https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=61&t=15995211&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Keeping Your $$$ Safe!
Bookie is by far the best method; it is essentially a 4-6 day vault. I started doing ghost trades too but switched to bookie and it is way better.
Using the bookie as a vault works very, very well. As long as you don't forget about it and let the betting close, it's great.
Try to use the bet with the furthest-away closing time, and remember to check it daily. When you're down to less than 2 or 3 days, look for a different bet and move the money there. I keep a bookmark labeled "vault" that goes to whatever bookie bet I'm using right now, so I can jump there fast and easy. When I move money to another bet, I update the URL for that bookmark.
I use the in game vault, but otherwise I would look at donator packs to store money if my vault & bank are full.
DP selling is mug-city and you may have to take a significant new player loss (100-500k) to sell them. If you have to store in items I'd recommend points as first choice and xanax as second.
If you sell to the city no mug risk plus you'll gain a higher Duke loan
You can store a lot of your money at the casino. Just bet a lot on things like blackjack and roulette. It's a bit tricky to get it back out, but keep experimenting with larger and larger dollar amounts, and at some point you'll have a lot of it back.
Personally, I store mine on 18 on the roulette table, but everyone has their own strategy. I have like 35m stored in there right now! If you go bet the right amount and land on 18, you'll get it all.
...but that's a huge loss.... there's no reason to do that when you can just put money into the bookie
"how do u denim ppl who want to mug you"
I'm not sure how others do it, but it's natural for me. I guess it's just in my jeans.
Thanks a lot for all that answers :)
That's not really a big loss especially if you consider using the loan to make money as well.
What about buying points from the market? I haven't seen anyone recommend buying points, yet I don't see any downsides.
If you turn all your money into points, isn't you money 100% safe?
It can't be mugged while it's points. But if you try to sell off a large amount of points to get cash for something, you're likely to get mugged as soon as they sell. Point prices may drop while you're waiting, which would mean taking a loss. And it takes time.
Say you see a DP being sold for 24M and you want to buy it. By the time you sell 24M worth of points, someone else will likely have bought it. The same thing works for anything where you find a good deal, but need cash right away to take advantage of it.
Using the casino bookie to store money, you can get your cash back in seconds, without anyone else being involved or seeing you sell high money items, and you can store money after you've done a deal just as easily.
Any method of "buy whatever, then sell it later" doesn't give you that quick option to get your money, and most put you at mug risk.
I'll hold it for you. Just hit me up when you need it back.
My fee is 1 box of cubans per transaction.