Does anyone know of a good tutorial for getting started with graphic making? I already do simple ones, but I am looking to advance my skills a bit.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Authority score
- 19 / 100
- Historical score
- 14 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Mentioned in this thread
Astral [300312] ×1
Does anyone know of a good tutorial for getting started with graphic making? I already do simple ones, but I am looking to advance my skills a bit.
https://dawnstormgraphics.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/zenronguide.jpg
thanks, does anyone know of some good, free software to work with? All I have right now is Photoscape
Photoshop is the best i think .
It is good, but not free. I cannot afford it and would prefer something free for obvious reasons
Pirate it maytee!
Wanna learn blender(completely free)? xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYj6e-72RDs
You can do quite a bit more than just 3d model with this software:
https://youtu.be/owid9yrq97s
Losta after effects like things and what not
Pretty steep learning curve though
If you do decide to take this path I'll link you to some of my favorite tutorials!
gimp (similar to photoshop) ....is free as far as i kno.
You can get a copy of photoshop4 for free. It's old but that's what they used back in the day.
I would love for you to link some of that
OOH, old software, always loved old stuff (perhaps too much, I still try to make ancient browsers run on modern machines a s a challenfe)
It's what I used to use in secondary school, so it's what, 15 years old at least?
It can do pretty much everything you need to be honest, it's just clunky and unintuitive.
I use GIMP2 nowadays, though mainly just for tweaking photos either are viable options and what you learn in one pretty much directly translates to the other. Just choose your poison.
Installing blender:
https://www.blender.org/download/
For windows, the zip folder will be a standalone where you won't need root or admin privilege to run, simply extract(unzip) and click blender.exe. The msi file is an installer that will require root or admin privileges to install. Blender's not super big so choice of installation is not a big deal.
Starting with blender:
I already linked 2 of these I guess but start with blender guru's entire series about rendering a near photorealistic donut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYj6e-72RDs&index=2&list=PLjEaoINr3zgHs8uzT3yqe4iHGfkCmMJ0P
For removing noise(grainy specks):
https://youtu.be/8gSyEpt4-60
Controls cheat sheet:
https://i.redd.it/mwnf8h8hn1ky.png
Modeling:
https://youtu.be/WZytYzZWCeE
After Effects like effects:
https://youtu.be/owid9yrq97s
https://youtu.be/pau2HJsIF7U
https://youtu.be/TWNLOjw5HYc
If you look at Astral's artwork inside his flash sigs gallery, you'll see some of the stuff you can do in AE. Everything you can do in AE, you can do in blender and the above tutorials show you how to start with it! There's a few particle system tricks that I can't find videos of atm.
UV map displacement animations:
https://youtu.be/VY9vHdwUo98
https://youtu.be/j5WHEG9OtHo
https://youtu.be/HNvqMvF45WM
Composition:
https://youtu.be/O8i7OKbWmRM
Raw .blend files:
https://www.blendswap.com/
This site contains a bunch of user submitted .blend files. Usually they have a license agreement attached and some are more permissive than others. All of em do allow you to click around and learn from them though.
Blender Math:
https://youtu.be/ko9cUUB-Tck
https://youtu.be/5CJbNubxM3g
Blender scripting:
https://github.com/a1studmuffin/SpaceshipGenerator
I found this a long time ago on reddit and his code is very understandable. It serves as a good starting point for learning blender's api's if you already know how to code.
Inspiration:
r/blender/
I may add onto this later or branch it off into it's own thread. I've personally done most of the tutorials listed here except for the donut one and that's just because I found about about it way after I had started using blender.
Hope this helps!
Mentions: Astral [300312]
sweet, thanks
Dude you can torrent it or you can legally buy a license on Ebay for like 10 bucks and it will last a lifetime. Photoshop cc.
look here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Image-Photo-Edit-Editor-Software-CS-CS2-CS3-CS4-CS5-CS6-CC-Photoshop-Compatible-/152557440595?hash=item238521ce53:g:ceMAAOSw5HJXKAOi
Anyway i don't know where you can get any good tutorials.
And on top of that.... you have to get some software before you think about tutorials bro. XD haha.
I am not willing to torrent it and as I said, I would prefer free software
Get Photoshop CS2 it's avaliable though their website and is very slightly more advanced than gimp and it's probably a less steep learning curve.