What are the pros and cons of holding levels. Is it better to hold or keep leveling up
Level holding
Started by Lestat_The_Vamp [2041853] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 11
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 30 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Charnock [505030]
· 5 likes ·
Pros - Gain easy defends from higher level but weaker players that are too lazy to check if you're a level holder - Easier to bust out of jail - Won't become a punch bag power levelling target Cons - …
What are the pros and cons of holding levels. Is it better to hold or keep leveling up
Pros
- Gain easy defends from higher level but weaker players that are too lazy to check if you're a level holder
- Easier to bust out of jail
- Won't become a punch bag power levelling target
- Lose out on extra life - incredibly important
- Lose out on level merits
- Some factions don't like level holders I believe
I'm not a level holder but I get a massive kick out of the few times peeps have tried to mug me but failed so I can see the attraction of that aspect of it.
Also, where people are obvious level holders ( loads of merits and quite old etc) I immediately think, 'I bet they've got massive stats, leave well alone!' so it might work as a deterrent to other strong players(like them) in a reverse psychology type of way.
You can always give level holding a go and see if you like it.
If not or if you suddenly want the available extra merits, you can go 'f**k it!' and level up 20 levels in one go
Level holding is a way of making yourself look weaker than you are, and to make it work, you have to make yourself weaker than you could be.
I think it made a lot more sense way-back-when. (I still didn't think it was the best plan then, but it made more sense then than now.) The rules were different. Under the current rules, the extra life you miss out on makes a pretty big difference.
Yeah. It's pretty much just good for getting defends. I recently had someone lose to me that had almost triple my stats - but they were a level holder, and they ended up losing. Granted the fight was close, but had they had anywhere near as much life as me they would have crushed me.