hey I need some help, I'm seeing companies asking for 100k job starts for certain stats that I'd like to join but my stats aren't high enough, so I'm just wondering what the fastest way to increase you job stats is.
Job stats
Started by DarkHawk404 [2058322] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 23
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Baldr [1847600] Reporter
· 5 likes ·
Job stats don't come fast. In theory, you could pay someone to train you, but in practice, that's expensive if you can find someone to do it, and often it's hard to find someone who will train you. I own … - maledict [1677916]
· 5 likes ·
Disclaimer: Intention is not to put down anyone, but to provide info on making the most efficient choice. Let's raise the bar of the average Torn Player. Hope they don't quit torn like OP appears to be. Last action 17 …
hey I need some help, I'm seeing companies asking for 100k job starts for certain stats that I'd like to join but my stats aren't high enough, so I'm just wondering what the fastest way to increase you job stats is.
Fastest way would be to join a company and ask the director to only train you (10* companies are best for this) this is expensive and some places will charge 250-1m per train - on the other hand just stick with city company jobs, you'll need to get all city company jobs progress through fully anyway so doing this while getting stats is a good combo and will get you up for player companies when done :)
Job stats don't come fast. In theory, you could pay someone to train you, but in practice, that's expensive if you can find someone to do it, and often it's hard to find someone who will train you.
I own a company. I have 20 employees, and can train 10 times a day. So I essentially train 10 employees one day, and the other 10 the next. If I started selling all the trains to one person, all of my other employees would be upset, and some would probably leave. They consider those trains to be part of their pay and wouldn't be happy if I quit training them. To me (and to most people who own companies) it's not worth it.
And if you can't afford to pay for trains, or can't find anyone willing to sell them, then work stats grow slowly. I've played for just over 3 years, and I don't have any work stats over 100k. My highest is around 51k. Most of the people with 100k+ stats have played for a very long time.
I remember you did sell your trains to someone abt a year ago :p
You left out the part where that arrangement had been made before I was part of the company.
When I bought the company, there was already a deal going where the trains were being sold. I continued that for about a week, then stopped. I saw the problems, which is why I wouldn't do it now.
Aha rite..
I think the problem is, 10* company isn't the best place to buy some train. so OP i suggest if you want to buy comp trains, join a lower star comp, especially the one with some inactive workers.
Jobs with high stats like you have seen pay millions every day through pay and the associated perks and in a long term game like this they take years to get to normally.
The players that get their work stats up really quickly i think have spent millions to buy trains as described above or have friends doing them a favour.
You may find a small and new company with not many stars or employees who is grateful for you to join. They may train you a couple of times a day for free as it make you more effective to the company.
The best city job for stats is Education. When you get to principal you can increase stats by 170 a day, and you also get 10% reduction in education time which many find very valuable.
It takes time for you to have a high job stats. You could just start by joining a small company with a good director who would train you often. If you're lucky enough to meet a good director you can ask them to help you focus training on a specific stats that you would like to focus on. You could also join an education course of course the gain isn't much but it helps. All i can say is it takes time, so be patient and be active.
Disclaimer: Intention is not to put down anyone, but to provide info on making the most efficient choice. Let's raise the bar of the average Torn Player. Hope they don't quit torn like OP appears to be. Last action 17 hours ago
I've said this a few times before. There are probably over 100 companies at 10* that are not of a popular type (i.e. Oil Rig/TV Network/FC) that earn less than 2 million a day. Usually this means they net far less than 1.5million after they pay wages/ads ect. This means you should be able to convince some that aren't greedy as shit to train you for far less than 1 million a train considering those companies make near 0 profit.
If you have not mailed every single one of those companies above asking to get trains at less than 250k per train, you are probably not searching hard enough to find places to train work stats. Obviously in the end you choose the best one, but initially forget about what perks those 10* companies give and focus on director trains. If you are active and you don't think that sacrificing either money or other aspects of the game to bypass years of normal work stat gain then why are you even posting on this subject...
Even getting into a company that trains you on average twice a day will put you near par with Education job(usually types that employ 10 or less do so freely). You'll find that nearly any company type has a perk that far outperforms TC jobs. Seriously stop wasting your time in Education to raise work stats unless you plan to be inactive.
The nonsense belief that you need to be patient or spend years doing so is complete hogwash by those that are not trying to power level their works stats. They either have no experience investing in their work stats, or have a superficial understanding of the mechanics and what can be done to push the limits of efficiency.
Poof in point: I've paid for over 3,000 trains at 100k each, and this amount was overkill due to changes in my game plan and mistakes early on. In practice you can get by with less than half this amount and make it up in a Oil Rig/TV network over the next 150 days. So in about 1 year completely bypass the entire work stat system. No other aspect of the game can be made so trivial of such a short amount of time, with zero requirement for "friends" gifting you money. If a player struggles to pay for trains, they need to look into travelling and/or pro/con's of slutting to make their initial 2bn banking period. (refer to forums)
Ironically, the fact that most directors don't even point people in the right direction then moan how hard it is to find players with enough work stats is beyond me.
Mentions: Tips for getting a job?
I paid 150k per train in the past for like 1 week and half if I remember well
Thanks for the advise guys, you rock!
if your stats are low there are certain company types (TV, cruise line etc) that likely won't hire you as they need higher stats to fill their positions. Sweet shops, candle shops etc don't need stats nearly as high and are a good place to start (plus the free cans are great for income early on).