Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Computer or mobile user?

Started by Biggles [1665757] on in General Discussion.

47 replies · 327 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 48 / 48 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
48
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Biggles [1665757]

I'm just curious as to the split between computers (Windows/Mac/Linux) and mobiles/tablets for playing Torn. I know we're living in a RESPO world, but I find myself wondering if it was actually worth the hassle for Ched & co, or whether they should have just stuck to regular browsers on computers with mobile being a bit of an afterthought. For me, mobile is mostly just logins to train and do crimes, with most of everything else being based on an actual computer.

Curious as to what it is amongst you lot.
Melted [1874310]

[image: i1.kym-cdn.com]

I'm not one for using a phone but I did for a short time to help test the new Android app. It was a better experience than I had predicted. My previous phone was a Windows phone and was rubbish for browsing.
-TL- [2066849]

Both, depends on the situation.

Mobile is for on-the-go stuff for me, while I'm travelling somewhere, or while I'm at college, a couple of taps and clicks and Im done..

To get a whole day wasted, computer's the way to go.


-TL- [2066849]

Damn Ive used a Lumia..

Everyday, I think about 100 different ways to end it and make it look like an accident..

Damn hate them Windows phones..
Thrie [148961] Moderator Official

Where is the both option? I'm mobile most of the time, but some things are just too big of a headache w/o a computer.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Tell us more, if you're able...very interested.

The hardest part on mobile is remembering which window is which. Did you do any chaining? You're at war with us, but don't think you've attacked me yet (wink, wink)

Edit: forum formatting suxxxxx! Chopped off my wink
Lindice [1855058]

When you guys say RESPO I dunno what you mean, if you mean layout responsiveness then of course it is something that should have been done, wouldn't call this a good website if it wasn't responsive, we live in a world where mobile phones and tablets are a big deal but due to their smaller screen sizes you really can't expect to display content the same way you would on a desktop or laptop. It makes things very difficult for the user, especially for people with bad eyesight.

So yes it was worth the hassle and I really don't see this as something worth discussing about, seems like something you talk about on a rainy day when you have no where to go and nothing to do

.

.

.

Oh look it's raining!!