Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Item view settings keep changing back

Started by Drieke [1307523] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 96 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

+1

Facing same issue, keeps switching to list mode. Google Chrome on laptop, cache cleared. Tried on Mozilla Firefox as well and issue is still there.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Since the preference is actually saved as a cookie, I believe clearing your cache / cookies will switch it back to list view. I think if someone uses the same device / browser on another account and switches it to list, it'll also have that affect for you when you're back on it too. I guess this could be changed to save server-side if needed.
Drieke [1307523]

I have cleared my cache and cookies but still the setting jumps back to list when I set it for icon.

I'm the only one using this pc and no one is accessing Torn for another account.

Only browser I use is FireFox.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It appears like the cookie isn't even being saved at all! I'll pass this up, perhaps we can save per user server-side in `users_extra` or something.