Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Api key banned?

Started by TheInternet [2052645] on in API Development.

7 replies · 159 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
71 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

TheInternet [2052645]

How can i keep my api key from getting temp banned for too many requests?

it usually happens when i'm trying to switch between using DoctorN on the computer or an Api app for android that give me notifications.

how many requests in how long gets an api key banned exactly?
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

Turn down the rate or requests. You only get 100 requests a minute. You don't need to be getting updates any faster than about 1 request per 5 seconds (at the high end of things).
TheInternet [2052645]

Hmm 100 a minute should be fine on my app I usually set to 10-20 second calls. I think doctorn is like 5 I forget.

The app I'm using is very simple and works perfectly called Torn Notifications. Had no reviews so I reviewed it xD the Torn Feed app, which has more downloads, was terrible for me on my phone running nougat 7.1 but Torn Notifications works beautifully so props to the dude who made it
TheInternet [2052645]

lol wow i totally forgot, i have tornstats script for greasemonkey/tampermonkey but i did not think that called api often, not sure though.
TheInternet [2052645]

That's what I figured I so far havnt been having trouble logging out of my api on android app if using the computer and vice versa. I just make it so they both aren't making calls