Okay, I'll take a break too. Gonna go do some RR.
The code's solution...
Started by CatHead [1581564] on in Fun & Games.
Posts archived: 168 / 168 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Okay, I'll take a break too. Gonna go do some RR.
Okay. Since now I'm sure blue means backwards, taking the red letter from under the beginning of backwards, we get "rehinged" (sorry for discarding it before).
My current guess: Most of the OP post is trash, and we gotta figure out what isn't. :P
The satisfaction of being right... XP also finally finished powertraining with 5EDVDS ectasy and xanax and candle shop energy special. Took me AGES.
Maybe..... We will have to see. The clue shou,d shed some light.
Go PM him and ask for the clue
24 hours
So, my next guess is... We gotta rehinge the main block of text, from backwards: ll in English, that's kind of the point. If you'd like to see the answers (staff), I'm happy to provide them so long as you don't spoil the game for anyone
So maybe unscramble the sentence
Cathead is a devious son of a woman.
summarise what you've got so far?
- rehinged
- backwards
- linotype
did i miss anything?
have you taken into consideration that it's a possibility that it's not unscrambling words?
Perhaps. If you would like to explain your train of thought?
Well, the blue letters are literally spelled "backwards" backwards, so we can have that.
Everything else, just wild guessing :P
well, just looking through Wikipedia/google at the linotype concept, i found a few interesting things:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etaoin_shrdlu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linotype_machine#Keyboard
i came upon these after thinking about the seemingly random strings of characters.
however, i think that OP is smart enough to not make this so simple, especially as they appear to think that it will take the community more than a day to solve it.
Of course, he may have may not calculated our smartness.
Sorry, I can't think straight anymore. Good luck guys.
some kind of book code, perhaps?
Maybe. Though I dread feeding the codes through different ciphers over and over again to find a combination. I think we really need that dang hint
I think I'm gonna take a break
E8 = hpvs both occured 3 times..
Alphanumeric code is how we hv to arrange messy words... and last line about whale and rat it is final key