Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Age/Stats Data Analysis Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Started by Actuariolam [1967959] on in General Discussion.

31 replies · 1.42k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Actuariolam [1967959]

Greetings friends, TC citizens, data enthusiasts. I have returned from my cave of spreadsheets bearing good tidings. Some of you may remember my previous attempt at analyzing battle stats for age groups for the age range of 500-600 days old

First Attempt



After hearing your feedback and feeling the deep desire to expand upon this project, I have spend the past few weeks collecting even more beautiful data and generating glorious graphs. Behold: Raw Data/Histograms and User Input Stat Analysis Graphs for age ranges 100-200, 201-300, 301-400, 401-500, 501-600, and 601-700! (I redid 501-600 with a wider range of stats).

As with before, my process was:

1. Collect 150 usernames from each age range

2. Select 100 of those usernames at random for each age range

3. Pay for full battle spies for all 600 users

4. Delete usernames and randomize numbers each stat area to protect identities

5. Generate graphs!

I didn't remove the outliers this time, so the graphs on the user input sheets look weird, but they still tell you what percentage you're in for your age group.

Without further ado, here are the goods:

Age/Stats Analysis Spreadsheets

That link opens to a folder where you can download the raw data or user input spreadsheets for each age range.

Isn't it beautiful?

I've been recruiting help to try and make it all the way to 1000 by getting 300 more spies and some helpers with gathering data, so look for that in the near future.

Hooray for data nerds! Analyze away!



Edit Note- some people have been suspicious of a certain n00b suddenly having a spike in networth. That's simply because thejungle is an amazing new player who I've hired to be my right hand man in handling all of the data we're drowning in.



Edit Part Two: Electric Boogalo!

The moment you're all been waiting for

Ages 700-1000

Download the spreadsheets to be able to edit them (especially the user input ones)

It's 3am and my dreams will be full of data. I'll post this again at the end of the thread so people see it.

Now you can all look forward to my utterly crappily dubbed version of the badger badger song feauturing "data data spreadsheet spreadsheet oooooh it's a graph"

Mentions: Friends, TC citizens, users 500-600 days old...

coverton [2051990]

I found that the total column does not match up when adding the other columns? Example: the age table for 201-300 line 60 total of all four stats is 124492 but the table says the total is 145955.



Not sure exactly what that means or how the totals where truly determined so ignore if I am egregiously missing something
Actuariolam [1967959]

Update- just finished getting 300 spies for ages 700-1000 so I'll have the raw data/histogram and user input sheets for those age ranges by the weekend probably
Orionis [1924258]

DATA!!! As someone who makes spreadsheets for all kinds of random Torn related stuff, this is relevant to my interests.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

That's one sexy sheet you have there! Pity I was inactive for so long, as I can't really compare myself to any age group :(
Actuariolam [1967959]

Hmmm it should work if you go through your user activity history and subtract all the time spend inactive from total user activity. Then convert values to days and you have your approx active age.
Orionis [1924258]

Yeah... I used my stats from 03/03/17 (Thanks Torn Stats!) in the 600-700 day sheet just to kind of try it out. 659 day Orionis was pretty okay!
Detective [1557351]

Great work Actuariolam. I really enjoyed looking through these spreadsheets. Too bad there's no data for us oldies. :P

I'd also like to become one of your helpers since I work in TV company. >> Job points: 535. Haven't used any in a while, and don't intend to, so it's all yours!

Cheers!