Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Upkeep

Started by JamesH11 [1944151] on in General Discussion.

9 replies · 244 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Duke [4] ×1

JamesH11 [1944151]

I dunno if this happens a lot, but one of the people paying upkeep before me in the property I'm renting was Duke [4]!

I wouldn't have thought that a NPC like Duke would have to rent a property from others, but it's pretty cool saying I lived in the same house as him :)

Mentions: Duke [4]

onepointfive [1892227]

Actually, when upkeep has been due and your renting period finishes, Duke pays the upkeep and the dues are then owed to Duke as a loan and not to the owner of the property (to force payment, something Duke is good at). So, this is what you see.
-Khaos- [2063067]

Duke pays the rent when the lease ends and upkeep is still outstanding from the previous tenant. The previous tenant will now owe the outstanding upkeep to Duke instead.

Just for future reference, any in game questions should be posted in the Questions & Answers section.
JustJanet [911066]

He made an observation. He didn't ask a question. His observation was wrong, but you cant expect a person to put this sort of post in the q&a. There was no question



I would think it's interesting to see Duke's name in the upkeep payment log too.
Duke [4] NPC

I'm a generous guy, what can I say. Keepin poor folks in their homes what cant afford to stay there. If it aint for me, yous be out on the streets.

I'm your gardian angel. Now pay up before I shove my halo up your schmuckus.