Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Windows

Started by Steven [889354] on in Technology.

7 replies · 51 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
9 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
Steven [889354]

I was updating my anti virus on my laptop and decided to restart after words to speed things up, the laptop decided to do an update I had no idea was there, about 2 hours of looking at we'll be ready soon and the mouse icon appeared so I clicked it and the blue screen where it said that went a bit of a lighter colour before disappearing and leaving me with a black background with all of my shortcuts all shoved into one corner and a taskbar I couldn't use anything on.

Restarted again and at this point all I have is a black screen with the taskbar (with no pinned icons) occasionally appearing for a split second then disappearing again.



Does anyone know what's going on, how to fix this or even just go back to before that update?
Steven [889354]

I had a few attempts at restoring to an earlier date, done nothing

After that I just done a full reset and reinstalled windows which seems to have sorted the problem, just reinstalling my things now



Thanks for the replies, apart from Lonestar for being a moron

I was just checking to see if anyone had any better suggestions I'm not a ****ing idiot, grow up