23 replies · 203 views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
First off: I only checked the first few pages for something similar, and with forum search as well.
The idea is to give every playstyle a certain edge, and make titles into something more than just a word on your profile. There are so many different kinds of players here, some travel, some love warring, some crimes, some are even dedicated heals. I think it would give titles a certain sort of versatility, more so than being just a word. Realistically, if you do something a lot, you're better at it than others who don't practise that trade as much, right? Ofc the perks should be very small (like an education perk) and well balanced. As I'm not a professional game designer, I can't guarantee good examples, but I thought of something like this:
Antagonist (Defends won) - 1% passive to def Damage Dealer (duh.) - 1% passive to overall dmg Druggy (yeah..) - 1% drug cd reduction Healer (Revives done) - decreases revive cost by 5 ( maybe 5 is a bit op) Importer (items bought abroad) - 1 extra travel item (or maybe 1% less cost for travel items.) Coward (Ran away) - 1% higher chance of escaping ... Some might be a bit tricky, like Trader, or Intimidator(foes ran away), but i think there ought be a solution. Trader could yield a handful of points each month, Intimidator a 1% lower chance of the enemy's escape attempt to succeed, or the other way round, maybe even a higher chance. Ironically, it could give 'negative' titles a boost, for example a Loser(attacks lost) could yield 0.1% gym gains to work the stats (or something less overpowered). ty for reading
Not sure, could be fun though! I'll leave it in the middle for now.
(intimidator could just be 1% dex speed passive?)
The difficult ones to find a perk for would be: hoarder, merchant, outcast, punchbag, samaritan, sage, Socialite, Trader, Tycoon, the others could just have a buff on the area they're used in.
Nice idea, some would have the same perk like the item trading related ones. People being spammed with bounties could cost more to bounty etc etc. I like the idea that a title should have some meaning and create more incentive to do different things.
'bout your edit: indeed, i see quite a few that might be a little complicated, tho there are ideas from my end. Hoarder could get 1 item at the doorstep per month, I see that quite fitting, and I would actually pack the trading ones into one boat, because it's basically the same "trade" (HA! play on words.) Thus Tycoon, Trader, Merchant, i'd give them points, or random items once a month, so to fuel the trading a little.
I thought so too. I don't see why a title should just be something without true meaning. Yes, you can see someone's playstyle by looking at their title, but you never get anything out of having one :/
Nice idea I'd like to see something happen with this as well
Just a thought but anyone else think that bazaars kind of took away from trading A LOT? I used to have a group of friends I saved and traded with as a team and we rotated a player to a job with no item market fee as our salesman. The tax on selling stuff helped take money out of circulation and also gave meaning to job perks that helped with trading like no item market fee... Maybe bazaars should have a 1.5% listing fee or something without having a job perk?? I know this is off topic but just a thought