Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Broken Wiki Links

Started by 84N3 [1781401] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 77 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100

Most-liked replies

84N3 [1781401]

Not sure if you guys are responsible for that, but I found a bunch of broken wiki links.
When you hit the "help" button on certain pages it take you to a 404, instead of the wiki.

Site of origin: Travel Agency (https://www.torn.com/travelagency.php)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Travel_Agency
Probably should lead to: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Travel

Site of origin: City Hall (https://www.torn.com/citystats.php)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/City_Hall
Probably should lead to: N/A

Site of origin: Community Center (https://www.torn.com/fans.php)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Community_Center
Probably should lead to: N/A

Site of origin: Message Inc (https://www.torn.com/messageinc.php)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Messaging
Probably should lead to: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Newspaper#Classified_Ads (Which is funny, because if you click on "Full Article" on the wiki, you get redirected to another page called "Classified Ads", but that's still a 404)

Site of origin: Nikeh (https://www.torn.com/shops.php?step=nikeh)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Nikeh
Definitely should lead to: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Nikeh_Sports

Site of origin: Docks (https://www.torn.com/shops.php?step=docks)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Docks
Definitely should lead to: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Torn_City_Docks

Site of origin: Jewelry Store (https://www.torn.com/shops.php?step=jewelry)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Jewelry_store
Definitely should lead to: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Jewelry_Shop

Site of origin: Super Store (https://www.torn.com/shops.php?step=super)
Leads too: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Super_Store
Definitely should lead to: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Torn_Super_Store
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I'll change these when I get to my pc, tough I'm not sure what To do with city hall and community centre.

However travel_agency and Messaging will need to change programmatically, as you are already get redirected to travel via the laptop and newspaper from other places.

Nikeh, Docks, Jewelry & Super stores are fixed!


tornberry [1448555] Admin Staff

Ah, sorry for confusion. This will not be working correctly on production servers yet. The relevant files will be pushed later today.

Thanks
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I will see to do this, however I currently don't have very stable internet so won't be able to do so for a while.