Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing

Started by Chest8nia [1848419] on in Questions & Answers.

14 replies · 254 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
24
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Tyrion [1967379]

A tiny bit perhaps, best enter 100 lap races for most DS gain, when going offline for a while.

1 lap races are usually done for the 250 wins merit on a single car.
LimitBreakr [1563326]

This is purely my opinion, but if you're trying to get to A class, worry mostly about doing official events to get racing points to upgrade a -single- car for each class, E-B, until you get to A class. A class is where its worth upgrading multiple cars for better performance on different tracks.

Maintaining multiple cars in E-B class is not the best use of racing points. I would also advise spending -just enough- points to win races often enough, and to have enough on hand to spend on your car in the next racing level you progress to.

Getting up to A class is pretty much the reason to be doing official events. Racing skill won't make as much of a difference as upgrades, so I wouldn't worry about racing skill too much while progressing through the race classes. If you are going to sleep/going to be offline for a while, doing 100 lap races are a fine way to pass time, but until you are in A class, active time is better spent in official events trying to go up in classes.
Tyrion [1967379]

I agree, upgrade a single car only until you reach A-Class.

However once you seem to qualify alot, stop upgrading it and save racing points for the next car/class.

For reference, if my memory serves me correctly, I entered A-Class a while back when I only had a DS of around 3 and I saved up 180 racing points at that time.

My current DS is 16.0 and I've maxed out 8 cars with 311 points.
Broly [1613023]

Having maxed out 8 cars is crazy! Not to mention the maintenance!

Mind sharing which ones are the best in terms of winning % & on which tracks do you use them normally?


Tyrion [1967379]

A good indicator is checking the global records for each track ;)

I'd say the Honda NSX is the most versatile car, used on most tracks.
Tyrion [1967379]

I use mostly the same cars, but despite global records, my Mercedes SLR tends to perform well on Uptown, Industrial and Docks.

However results can be quite random with any races and it also depends on other contestants of course.

Edit: Since my Honda NSX is upgraded for tarmac, I also get good results with my Cosworth on Parkland and Hammerhead
Broly [1613023]

Ah now we talking! :D

I've never modded any SLR's yet...saw it only pop in the Convict race. Might need to look into that. My primary car is Lexus LFA & its modded to fit tarmac. My 2nd car is Honda NSX & its fitted for dirt like Parkland n Hammerhead.






Tyrion [1967379]

Nice, I recommend getting the Audi R8 as well, as it rocks on Two Islands and Stone Park

Since the recent update on racing, you're allowed to enlist another car of the same kind now, so I'm gonna upgrade another Honda NSX soon for dirt tracks.
Broly [1613023]

Will defo give R8 a shot! Got couple of R8s lying on my garage. But I had no idea that now you are allowed to enlist car of the same kind! ! :o How long has it been like this?



Thanks for letting me know! Cheers!
Tyrion [1967379]

Besides all the obvious maxed out gear, mine is Turbo 3 and Stage Three Remap, Short Gear Ratio and all the tarmac upgrades of course