13 replies · 376 views · thread synced · 11 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
Most-liked replies
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 7 likes · This event does not exist, there's no way on our end for that event to be given to you. There's also no events with that text in: "and gave you" at all for anyone. My only thought is that you're …
JustJanet[911066]
· 2 likes · Having people say, "I've heard of it from some newb, but I don't recall whom" is human nature. If we don't have an actual answer, then our brains will make it up. If there is no evidence available at all …
I was mugged, and It said: Someone mugged you and gave you $58,194. It actualy added it to my money. If I can find out who mugged me, I would give it back.
Theory: Someone mugged me and than sent me the amount they mugged me for. The game bugged? Best theory I got.
According to logs last time you was attacked at 12.09. Also, according to money logs you never received exactly 58,194. And I don't see this event anymore on your account, have you removed it? Can you show attack log please?
This event does not exist, there's no way on our end for that event to be given to you. There's also no events with that text in: "and gave you" at all for anyone.
My only thought is that you're using an addon which is making that event appear for you to troll?
Yeah, I am confused as everyone else. No extensions that could do anything like that. THis sounds dumb, but could there be a hacker? It has happened to three people.
I notice it's becoming common for script makers to insert little treats for themselves. It's likely that this is where it comes from. I wouldn't put it past them to make it always show their attacks as stealth to anyone using their scripts etc.
Having people say, "I've heard of it from some newb, but I don't recall whom" is human nature. If we don't have an actual answer, then our brains will make it up. If there is no evidence available at all to confirm the answer, then it's most likely just made up by a brain that doesn't have the answer and would rather make it up than admit it doesn't know. The original OP, is probably full of shit. that'w why there is no record of the actual event on Ched's or his side. How many of you actually erase events that you plan on talking about? The other people who replied are just victims of their brains coming up with a memory that isn't really there. It's why they can say the memory but then have no data to back it up. It's a tested and researched phenomenon.
Here's a link to a video that shows one example of it happening.
I was looking for another where people have only a small clue about how much of something is... the number of books in the Old Testament or the number of countries in the continent of Africa. They were told to give a range where they felt confident the number would be. Even though they could make the range as big at the wanted, they still constricted the number to much smaller than they actually had the right to feel confident about and thus get the answer wrong. The brain is wired to be confident even when it has zero knowledge on the subject. It just creates the answer in its grey matter.
That 'range' thing is really interesting, Janet. I found I gave a range of 10 for each of them, and while I was pretty confident on books in the OT (from Sunday school), I was guessing for African countries. Thanks for a thought provoker.