Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Youtube Alternative?

Started by microlost [2040671] on in Technology.

4 replies · 76 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
microlost [2040671]

I am transitioning away from using the tech products of large corporations, those with a bad reputation for security and/or privacy and groups with privacy policies that I do not approve of. The simplest were the switch to DuckDuckGo as my search provider, tor as my browser, Linux as my OS, dropbox paper (better privacy policy that google docs) and the switch from gmail o protonmail. Surprisingly, the hardest to find an alternative for has been YouTube. I have looked into options such as Vimeo, but didn't find enough of the content that I am interested in. I am looking for a place where I can get some light gaming (KSP, Rimworld etc.) as well as tech videos, for those of you who are familiar with Lazy Game Reviews, that is the kind of thing I am looking for. If anyone knows an alternative with that kind of content, please let me know
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor

Youtube is the only organized content that does all the curating for you. However, you can be aware of another hosting website: DailyMail (I say hosting website, I don't say that you will find content there).

You are asking for anonymity, but you won't find it when you want specific content tailored to you.

So good luck?
SharpMid [1833276]

Try vidme, I think there are some creators trying to keep their content up on vidme as well as YouTube.

Your alternatives are basically Vimeo, DailyMotion, Twitch(Maybe), metacafe but noone of theese are specially any good