Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Territory wall bug?

Started by Dragoonseal [1283405] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 116 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Dragoonseal [1283405]

Maybe I'm not understanding something about territory wall mechanics, but this seemed like a bug so:



We have two territory wars going on at the moment, one we're defending and another we're assaulting.

I was auto placed on the Defending wall, but no one was attacking so I switched to the Assaulting wall. Then I started knocking off their defenders from the wall. When I finished and checked the wall again to make sure it was clear I found I wasn't on it anymore, and had to rejoin it.

I didn't lose any of my attacks, I wasn't hosp'd, jailed, or traveling in any way during that time.

So what took me off the wall?
Dragoonseal [1283405]

No, I got removed from the Assaulting Wall.



I got removed from the Defending wall when I switched to the Assaulting wall, which is fine, but then after I finished knocking off the enemies from the Assaulting wall I found I was on neither wall.



So:
Leave Defending wall.
Join Assaulting wall.
Clear enemies from Assaulting wall.
Suddenly on neither wall.
Dragoonseal [1283405]

Okay I figured out the issue.



Attacking any of their people who aren't currently on the wall, removes you from the wall (even if you win).



Is that intended?



Because one of their members were actively hitting people on the wall, but when I hit them when they happened to not be on the wall (they just lost a fight and healed up) it drags me off the wall and I have to rejoin.



Seems super janky.
Dragoonseal [1283405]

You're right, I just knocked an enemy off the wall and it knocks me off the wall as well, making me rejoin.



...Why? That seems like a really counterintuitive and pointless mechanic. And it didn't used to work that way (back when walls required energy to join).
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor

At least you aren't spending energy.. I think it's because it allows the other team to slip in because you are "logically distracted" in combat. So after combat, you would take a breath, step back onto the wall, and hold your ground.
Dragoonseal [1283405]

Not sure if it's related to this issue, but:



We just finished this wall assault. It lists my (and everyone else's) clears as 0, even though I cleared more than 20 enemies off the wall.
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff

I am sorry for so late answer but I believe that it was fixed. Erlier when you attack someone from another wall, you replace him on that wall. So you automatically join another wall. But this case was changed. Now you replace enemy on the wall if only you are not on the wall now. Please confirm if it's fixed.