Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DP giveaway

Started by Mephesto [1932248] on in Fun & Games.

9 replies · 83 views · thread synced · 14 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Mephesto [1932248]

In honor of guy fawks day/bonfire day. I would like to start a competition. Write the scariest story you know. Today is Sunday November 5th. You have until Sunday November 19th.



Rules: 1 Scary story per person, double submissions will disqualify you from entry.

2 any messages to me saying like mine, its the best will disqualify you.

3 i will be judging all stories

4 i will like the post once it has been read

I hope you enjoy and scare the heck out of me



p.s. Due to reading times and real life issues please do not expect the DP until a week after competition is over. thank you!
AsideKick [1985713]

On a day similar to today a family had just arrived to Bhed a strange island name yes but a free hotel stay for 1 month. The people were strange so energetic like kids probably funny enough there we no kids o_O. The family searched for the hotel looking everywhere until a Bhedian saw that they were confused and with a menacing smile asked them whats wrong? you look confused and not happy!!!!! how can i help you in anyway?! The family asked where the hotel was and he pointed them at where it was when they walked towards it all the citizens stared at the child with a grim stare moments later they went back to their own business. When the family arrived at the hotel they told the manager about their 1 month stay delighted he went to go fetch the keys in the distance the child saw something ...... red stuff on the handle of a door and said hey DAD can you come here?!?! The father said sure thing joy of my life after about 15 seconds he grew silent when he saw the door handle. Is that blood?! he pushed the door open and saw stuffs of nightmares a butchering zone meat grinder what he basically saw was a slaughter house not for ANIMALS but for ....... kids as he saw them hanging by the throat on ropes eyeballs removed heart gone. Oh shi$ so thats why theres no kids .... the child began shaking his body in terror the manager was about to come back in a swoop the father closed the door and dragged his son back to the counter. Thank you very much sir! Oh and take care of that child many have gone missing here the father than thought in his head (you motherfu$%$% gone my a##) the mother asked what they were doing and the father and child let out EVERYTHING when they were in the room. These people are insane! there always happy and they cut up kids sadly for the family there was a hidden camera in the room and the manager heard everything in a ZAP he pushed the security system and locked everything through the Mic he said Your all going to die now for sniffing around HAHAHAHAH in a mad mans tone.The family were locked in the room searching everywhere for a possible exit or small hole where there boy could escape then the impossible happened they found a hole in the wall hidden by a painting big enough for a adult even. They went in deep and fell to the bottom where they saw more gore and a surprise. A notebook left by another escapist it said BHED BE HAPPY EVERY DAY the family then knew what the strange name was about under the name was a drug Ectasy9999XD description: 500 times more happiness! Stay awake all day! And a scribbled word that says N/A. The family exclaimed that must be the addiction to killing kids! but then they saw worst on a wall it read to our dear god heart eyes perfect items for a ceremony my dear god you think that the only ones that deserve this cruel some death are the children that are wild? I understand all written in blood.We have to get out of here everyone thought then deeper into the depths of insane people territory they went.2 hours later they had seen something a light! They made it to the coast of the island and the parents asked each other the hotel stay was to make us insane and lose our child?! They both at the same time said ya probably while not letting the kid know. The cultists OR bhedians searched without stopping while the family sneaked to their speed boat. Finally making it they turned the engine on and were ready to go BUTTTTTT the manager had a surprise for them and cut a wire that made the engine run with ALL the NOISE the cultists smiled maliciously and walked not ran to the boat. The family was captured and whats next will make the father suffer like never before. The mother and child had ropes around there necks and the manager of the disgusting hotel told the father you can choose which one lives or dies its all up to you now my good tourist :D. The father was horrified and had no control of his actions. Go on CHOOSE any one of these two or I can give you an alternative where your entire family can die this is what you get for snooping around friend. The father then made his choice...... Take me let them go. The mother screamed NO!!! Take me instead! The child was crying at a unstoppable rate then the manager gave them a last chance he made them sit in a table and do it Russian roulette style but this time your shooting your head each of the parents clicked the trigger twice only 2 more before reloading 50% chance Buckos! The cult cheered in amusement. ??? Had survived and??? And fallen to the ground with a bullet in??? Head grabbed the child and taken one of the cults speed boats as the parent and child drove off both were crying as the sun went down. END
SkiTz0 [2089125]

I huffed and puffed under my breath as I stared into Gods Mouth. I felt like the Big Bad Wolf ready to interrupt the three innocent little pigs as they hurriedly fortified their makeshift homes. I grinned at this thought and then turned my head to look for Margaret. She was a couple of feet down the hill from the entrance of the cave, holding a walking stick close to her petite breasts. Hurry up! I called down to her. I turned back to the cave, still grinning. An old, rotted sign outside read Gods Mouth Cave: Keep Out! What a tired cliché.

Margaret finally made it to the entrance and stood beside me, almost doubled over and out of breath. I looked down and smiled. Check it out! I laughed. Gods mouth. Wonder where Jesus anus is? I chuckled to myself. Margaret was less amused.

Give me the damn water bottle, she said, exasperated. The open bottle met her lips, and for a moment I felt peaceful in a way, watching her drink the water. Actually I take that back. The peaceful comment, I mean. It was more of a feeling that was sort of hard to put my finger on or give a name, but I could settle for a nice content. Content seemed to be one of those words that manifest itself when natural, human words seemed to fail. Again, an utter cliché, but it felt good to feel a strange, mixed-up sort of happy for once.

I sighed and turned my flashlight on. I pointed it into the cave. Black. Gods Mouth. This seemed like the antithesis of a Holy Spirit. I turned again to Margaret. You ready? I asked. She was finally standing straight up. She nodded. I clapped a friendly hand to her back and we walked into Gods Mouth.

The inside was not unlike the preview I had glimpsed outside with my flashlight. Dark, dismal, and endlessly black. It seemed to stretch endlessly, no matter how I positioned my flashlight. The rocky terrain was damp and imposing. The last natural light slowly disappeared behind Margaret and I as we made our way deeper and deeper. I found it strange how soft and compelling the world around me now appeared, despite the stalactites, stalagmites, and other various rocky formations being so jagged. It seemed that even amongst the pointed teeth of God I could lay down and rest there forever. It was comfortable.

Apparently Margaret didnt agree. She shivered uncomfortably under my arm. I raised my eyebrows. Need your coat? I asked. I tried to look at her and make non-verbal communication as explicit as possible until I realized that we were lost inky blackness of the Mouth. I bit my lip and waited, but she didnt respond. For a couple minutes we walked in silence. She stopped and stood motionless. I stopped, too.

Why the hell are we even in here? she said. She sounded irritated. I shrugged more to appease myself than her and shoved my flashlight under my face. Bladed shadows obscured half my face, the other half illuminated in a wretched mask. Spooky! I cried, chuckling. She didnt move.

I sighed. I thought you wanted to go, I said. I noticed how my voice echoed against the cave walls at any volume. I mean, I began again, scratching at my chin, You did say you wanted to go see some nature for our vacation. And you did sound impressed when I told you about my visit to Mammoth Caves a couple years back. So My voice trailed off. I could still sense her irritation.

No, she said. I frowned. No, you wanted to go here. I wanted to go to a beach or something. But no, a cave. A cave, Nathan! She sounded more like the Big Bad Wolf now. I know that you have this weird fetish for spelunking or something, but I dont really want to be dragged in to it. Dont get me wrong, Id love to go on a trip and get into nature and fresh air, but this, I could hear her arms flail and gesture about in the thick air. This is cave air, not fresh air. This air is practically fermenting! Plus, isnt this illegal? Can we please just leave?

We both stood there. The only sound that could be heard was the electricity in the air being stifled and smothered by the damp atmosphere. Finally, I began to walk. I didnt hear Margaret follow me, but I kept moving forward. Then, Nathan, she said, Stop. Please stop. So I stopped.

Im sorry, she said. I could hear her moving closer to me. Im tired and Im not used to running and climbing around and the like. Im just tired.

Its okay, I said. She gripped my arm. Really. Its fine. I shook my head. Which way is out? I dont remember. I could feel Margaret physically pause. Neither of us could remember. Somehow, in the confusion of our argument, Id forgotten which way we had been moving. Idiot, I thought to myself, I should have brought a goddamn rope or something to trail from the entrance of the cave. I had to take action, so without much thought, I turned 180 degrees and said, This way.

We walked for what seemed to be hours. My feet were tired and sore, and I could hear Margarets groans from behind me. She held my hand tightly. I felt terrible. This was my fault.

Then, I froze. Hey. Hey, I said, Put your hand out. Feel this rock. I could hear Margarets bare palm press against the stone. Isnt this, likeabnormally warm? I said. She didnt say anything. I began to work my way along the wall, feeling it as I went, shining the flashlight in front of me. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my head as the ceiling of Gods Mouth met with my scalp.

Ow! Shit! I shouted.

Oh, Nathan, are you okay? Margaret asked. She seemed on the verge of panic now.

Im fine, I said. Please, calm down. Well get out of here soon, I promise.

I started again, pointing my flashlight upwards now to see the ceiling above me. It seemed to be getting narrower. That was strange. Listen, uh, Margaret, babe, I said through clenched teeth, I think we gotta turn around. Margaret sighed next to me.

Again, we walked for a decent length. I kept my flashlight pointed upwards this time. Sure enough, the space in the cave seemed to become smaller and smaller. If there was any resonating light left in Gods Mouth aside from my flashlight, Im sure Margaret would have been able to see the whites of my eyes, spreading in panic. We were completely lost.

I let go of Margarets hand and began to feverishly feel my way along the walls. No, Nathan! I heard her shout. I kept going. We had to get out. If we were lost, nobody would be able to find us.

I kept feeling along the wall until I abruptly hit a corner. ****, I said aloud. Margaret, this seems to be a dead end. I spun around on my heel. Margaret? No answer. Shit.

I began to repeat my process again, almost running as I felt the wall run past my fingertips. Cool, damp rocks and jagged spears. Suddenly, I found myself at a corner again. **** **** ****, I shouted. Margaret! I was belting her name out now. In the corner of the caves maw where I had been thwarted so many times already, I heard a noise. It sounded like muffled static from a television. I pressed my ear against the rock. It seemed to be getting even warmer now. I heard the faint sounds of Margaret on the other side of the rock. She was screaming.

No no no, I said. No no no no no. I began running haphazardly into the walls around me. With dawning realization came a wave of sheer horror. There was no entrance. There was no exit. Only these four corners and me.

I could feel blood begin to trickle from the cut I managed to get by bashing my body into the caves walls. They were closing in on me. They were coming in for the kill, and soon they would be pressing in on my skull and crushing my rib cage.

I sat there for hours, waiting for death. My flashlight was becoming dim and blinking. Finally, I felt the soft touch of these rocky walls press against my back. I began to cry as I lay down on the ground. I let my flashlight roll on the small hills of stone. As I quietly stayed prone, tears dripping down my face, I turned and looked at the flashlight. Its last, fading beams of light pointed at something not far away from my face. I squinted in the darkness. My eyes widened and I felt tears fall even harder from my face. The rocks were piercing my skin now and blood dripped from all sides.

There, in the last light of my flashlight, was the appetizer. The spotlight shone on a hand whose nails were painted red, and I screamed in agony as I watched Gods Mouth chew its latest meal.
Food [2068524]

You were hungry and lying in bed and you remembered you had a leftover taco from chipotle in the fridge.

Then you realized, you ate the taco already.

DUN DUN DUN
KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]

A mother is tucking her daughter into bed one night and her daughter says Mommy, theres a monster under my bed.

The mother sighed, tired of repeating the same line every night, and reassured her daughter by saying, Sweetie, there are no such thing as monsters and there is nothing under your bed.

Her daughter wasnt happy with that answer and replied, Can you check? Please?

The mother, somewhat amused by this decided to look just to make her daughter feel comfortable.

And there, under the bed was her real daughter quivering in fear and whispered, Mommy, there is something on my bed!
oops395740 [2039350]

I woke up to hear my mom calling me from downstairs, so I sleepily pulled myself out of bed and headed out to see what it was about. Then I remembered, we don't have a downstairs. That is when I head my mom's voice from her bedroom, whispering "Don't go out there, I heard it to."
NurpleDurple [1990132]

When I was a child, I was scared of the dark. I swore to my mother I heard voices in it. They were not evil, but they were not familiar and so they scared me. It was not uncommon in the middle of the night for me to wake up and hear whispers as I would call them when asking my mom. She figured they were just bumps in the night and typical kids nightmare material. I tried often to explain to her that it was more than that; that they sounded different from one another the way peoples voices do. On some nights I would get so scared from these whispers that I would sleep in my moms bed with her. It was an added bonus that the bathroom was directly outside of her bedroom door for my late-night tinkles.

I should add at this point that when walking out into the hall to go to the bathroom, you looked directly down the stairs that would lead you into my living room on the first floor (as my moms bedroom was on the second floor). On one such night, around Christmas, I awoke and felt the need to relieve myself. I walked out from the door and distinctly heard the phrase Look! and to my astonishment, a red light, almost like a spotlight, was cast upon the wall at the very bottom of the stairs. The light had no other source, it was by itself, and I was transfixed by it.

Being a little kid, and it only being a few days from Christmas, I KNEW what this light was. IT WAS SANTA!!! How else could he get into my house to know I was being a good boy? I was so excited I began walking down the stairs to greet him, picking up my pace after the second step as it began to creep off the wall and fade into the darkness in my living room.

Thats when I heard him. A very strong, masculine voice. Different from the first. Not at all like my fathers (not to say he isnt masculine, it was just distinctly different). It said, Stop! Right now. Go back up those stairs. I listened, turned around, and what happened next I am not sure I would believe if someone had told me this same story. After reaching the top of the stairs, I heard a very loud CRASH that sent me running back to my mothers bed where I jumped straight under the covers and stayed there the whole night.

When we awoke the next morning, the poinsettia lights (little Christmas flower lights that glowed red) my mother had put on the railing down the stairs were pulled straight down to the bottom of the stairs, some broken from what seemed like a forceful tear, laying in a single pile. The dry sink in my living room had fallen from the wall. My mother could not explain it! My father was worried we had been the victims of a home invasion. My sister was crying. There was nothing missing, nobody had broken in, there did not seem to be any reason this had happened. And then I saw it, and I kept quiet about it because I was so afraid that I could not force words out of my mouth.

There, on the edge of the wooden dry sink which had been facing up, were three indentations where the finish on the wood had been worn, almost as if in a forceful grip. Something down there had GRABBED IT AND THREW IT DOWN. That was what the bang was.

I was mortified. After that day I never heard a single voice again. I do not like to imagine what was waiting downstairs for me that night, if it was anything at all, but I can tell you that the reality was that something had physically acted upon two things in my house near the bottom of that stairwell.

Disclaimer: This never happened to me I just like to write in first person since that seems more effective to me for scary stories.
Digger67 [2046748]

She stopped, turned on her heel and stared without emotion. Although standing in a busy parking lot on a hot summer weekend, a striking chill buried itself into my bones. Her voice drowned out all that was around.

"I don't love you anymore".