Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API

Started by Stewie [1494547] on in Bugs & Issues.

64 replies · 765 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 65 / 65 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
65
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Stewie [1494547]

I'm not exactly sure what is wrong here, but a lot of people are experiencing DoctorN throwing an 'Invalid Key' error. This is not a DoctorN issue, though - as the only way that could happen is if that error comes from Torn's API server. I'm just asking if this could be checked, to ensure nothing is wrong with the API.

I have reset my key as well and it's still happening.


Stewie [1494547]

It does when I try it, but for some reason, the extension just keeps throwing invalid key (only possible if that error is received). Which is why I raised this bug report - for this to be checked server side for anything wrong.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

Server side was not changed for a long time. If your key is accepted by direct link and testing page it mean that all should work fine.
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

It seems to be very random, as in, there's no specific one call that triggers the error to respond and it's very intermittent. However, i do believe it might be a collision issue of some kind. I believe it's more likely to occur when you make two requests at the same time. I'm not sure if this is a thing, but it's about the only thing that i can see makes sense here.

I've noticed this happening a number of times both from DoctorN and through my site Torn Stats where it randomly responds with an Invalid Key error and wipes out the key (as a safeguard in the systems).'

I'm not sure if i recall this correctly, but i believe you guys were working on transaction locking as one of the backend updates. This is why i'm thinking it might be related to that, however i don't know for sure.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

During last few days we experienced some issues with overall error handling that should be fixed now I believe. Is this still occur or it was like that only some time ago?
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

I can't replicate, unfortunately, I am ending with 'too many requests' in all my automated tests. 'Wrong key' error can occur only if we somewhat were unable to read the key from DB, for example because of wrong format. There are no locking or transaction on this, as this is just a read only.
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

I mentioned it purely because of this:

[image: image.prntscr.com]

Otherwise, i'm just tossing ideas out. I don't know how else to replicate it. But you can see here all the times that it's returned with a invalid key, even though i haven't changed my key at all (just re-entered it)
Caladan [2012988]

same here - every few hours doctorn logs me out and i have to re-enter api/relink with tornstats; tried resetting api - same thing
Blistig [1553363]

I was being logged out while just sitting there. There is probably still requests being made without me initiating it, but all my log outs of DocN were when I was idle.