I need some help with an anonymous person that has contacted me through torn. The person contacted me telling me to put up more pictures of myself (which at the current moment I have taken all of them down ). They refused to give me their name telling me its not in their best interest. I am uncomfortable with this because I have an issue with a stalker in real life and I just want to be comfortable playing this amazing game without concerns that the man stalking me is bugging me. I looked into reporting but I am unable to report the person because I have no idea who it is. I haven't played the game long and I don't know everything about it yet so maybe this is nothing but I am freaked out and any help would be greatly appreciated
I need some help please!
Started by BSSmimi [2076981] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 14
- Authority score
- 34 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 45 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
I need some help with an anonymous person that has contacted me through torn. The person contacted me telling me to put up more pictures of myself (which at the current moment I have taken all of them down ). They refused to give me their name telling me its not in their best interest. I am uncomfortable with this because I have an issue with a stalker in real life and I just want to be comfortable playing this amazing game without concerns that the man stalking me is bugging me. I looked into reporting but I am unable to report the person because I have no idea who it is. I haven't played the game long and I don't know everything about it yet so maybe this is nothing but I am freaked out and any help would be greatly appreciated
Still inform a member of staff that you are receiving such mails. That way they are aware and can monitor the situation.
You are able to send a report if they are being offensive. If you have a stalker in real life I would suggest you delete your images from anywhere that you are unable to keep private. It's a terrible restriction to have to impose on yourself but your safety is way more important than letting people on an MMORPG see what you look like on your profile. Chances are your stalker has not found you in this game but no sense in dealing with anonymous mail that you have not initiated... (If you are doing the first missions I think anonymous still handles the first ones) anyhow.. my suggestion is to not even open the messages if they come from an anonymous source. if you look on your mail page, you will see that there is a trash can at the end of the mail notice. you do not have to look at the mail to delete it. Just delete without even looking at it.
Thank you
Call the police and report it