Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing API suggestion

Started by Boxxy [1310886] on in API Development.

7 replies · 85 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
71 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

Boxxy [1310886]

I'm not familiar with the API system, but while using extensions such as DoctorN I notice there is no way of getting a notification when your race has finished, which I believe would be a nice addition.

Something similar to the notifications that are already available such as full energy bar, nerve bar etc. would be a brilliant addition in my view.

Another idea I had would be to put a counter in for how many racing points the car has earned within the upgrades section to help people make more informed upgrade choices.

I don't know if this can be done so I am just making the inquiry.

Thanks, Boxxy
Valentine [2066557]

DoctorN will give a notification for every event you receive, and you receive an event after a race ends:

[image: prnt.sc][image: i.imgur.com]

If you're talking about a bar similar to energy and nerve that shows the progress of the race, that might be useful if you're not on Torn but if you're online I guess it isn't much use.

A point counter would definitely be helpful, as it would take a lot of time to add up all the upgrades I have on my cars to find out how far I am from the next class. R+
Boxxy [1310886]

Hmm, I know DoctorN has the ability to notify when you get an event, but I would like it if we could specifically get notified when a race ends, I think it would be particularly useful for grinding away at the 250 race wins honor.

Not a bar that gives raace progress, more of a pop up that notifies when the race is finished. Thats what I get when my NB or E bar is full :)
Rinz [1834098]

how much more specific would u want it to be when it's already poping up saying "You have finished your race in x place"

EDIT: If u are talking about making a bar for the racing timer then it would be impossible atm because there is no api code for that
Boxxy [1310886]

Basically answered the question, if there is no api coding for racing, then that is the end of the discussion. Oh well :)
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

You can always suggest it if you want more useful info?

Also, you can see how long your race has left (although its a bit of a round-a-bout method) by looking at your icons:It tells you if your currently waiting and how long for, if your currently racing and how long is left as well as if you finished and what place.
paulwratt [2027970]

There are two things here:

1) according to OP:
  a user definable event notification (popup via regex on events) in DocTorn - in this case used for Racing Notifications

2) according to thread:
  a Racing API : https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=63&t=16045352&b=0&a=0

if u have any specific ideas on Racing API objects or data sets, add them in reply to that post. Concrete API starting points are easier to implement than broad descriptions, and this is one specific use (points spent per car, points earned per car)

Cheers

Paul

Mentions: Racing API