Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

5G issues on pc

Started by AwakeNoWokeFail [79965] on in Technology.

7 replies · 60 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
10 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

My Chinese ove...landlords recently upgraded the network from 4G to 5G. Supposed to be better, right?

With the old network my apps and windows opened fast, now they lag and most times I get the pop up telling me someone's shit isn't working. I refresh and it'll work.

I've done everything to optimize my pc's. My network isn't an issue because I dl'd 4 games recently and the dl is a consistent 4.5 to 5.2 mbps.

Why is everything else slow?
Xeretrax [2039020]

5G being new as it is, is bound to have baby bugs.

I think you kinda switched to 5G to early, I would wait till those bugs are worked out before looking into adapting it.

New does not always mean good.
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

I had no say in the matter. I agree they went too soon in getting 5G. They said 4G wasn't enough but it worked fine for me. I think they got conned into upgrading to 5G by the ISP or the son who thinks he knows what he's doing.
RenegadeRuss [1295794]

****ing hell, uk cant even get 2g is some remote areas(when i say remote i dont mean many miles away from towns) and 1/2 MB downloads through landline..