286 replies · 2.68k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:287 / 287 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
287
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
68 / 100
Story score
73 / 100
Engagement score
87 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
ArttiIsGod[1954421]Wiki Contributor
· 6 likes · Rfc check failed - every time I try to join official race. Refresh fixes the rfc error. Lately indeed many rfc fails. Using Chrome, Android 4.2.2, sometimes windows xp and Chrome.
Martin-Schafer[1703821]
· 6 likes · what gets me the most about this is that there is no response from any staff member. this issue is a daily problem for all players on both mobile and desktop.. over 2 months old and no reply no fix. …
Bones[917218]
· 4 likes · Still happening for me as well. Chrome, Mac OS High Sierra AND iPhone 8+ Safari. Everything is updated to the most recent version. [image: i67.tinypic.com]
I'm logged in on either Windows 10 or my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo phone and I get this error
"Wrong RFC"
When I go to the gym page. It will briefly flash the normal Gym page for like 1 or 2 seconds and then the page will go to Wrong RFC. Clicking on the Gym link again makes it normal
RFC here as well... Would be nice to know what it really means, what the fail message means so it could be possible to hypothesize on *anything* really. Getting a fault message with no reference it might as well say "There exists popcorn".
Edit: Could memory leak cause it? Is it a memory or storage related? Is it related to the fancy "live info" everywhere now? Could gaining energy/nerve/happy/life between page entering cause it?
I've been experiencing quite a few RFC errors recently. I've logged the last few of them to the times I got them and what I did exactly. Hopefully it helps in finding the cause. Perhaps there's logs of what's happened at that exact time?
15:20 TCT - 30th March: Clicking on to the Gym after taking a Xanax. (Wrong RFC) 09:37 TCT - 31st March: Clicked to join a custom race (Rfc check failed) 10:35 TCT - 02nd April: Clicked to the Gym after taking a Xanax (Wrong RFC.) 17:41 TCT - 03rd April: Clicked to the Gym (Wrong RFC.) 21:27 TCT - 04th April: Clicked to the Gym (Wrong RFC.)
When trying to access the gym via my Chrome browser on PC for the first time after returning from a flight I always get a "Wrong RFC" message. Re-loading the gym solves it, but this has been a fact of life after every single flight since the DDoS. The rest of the screen is just an empty grey with no way of training. It does not appear to matter what travel destination I use (Argentina, UK, Switzerland, Hawaii, Canada...), just that I make my first gym visit via Chrome PC (this does not occur on Chrome Mobile).
I've been getting this RFC thing for so long I can't even remember .. I always just ignored it as nothing .. Happens on gym loads, user profile loads, faction profile loads and others .. I always just refresh and go ..