I have a 9mm pistol with a 78% to hit and yet I repeatedly manage to miss fired two shots last time and missed both another time I fired 5 consecutive times and missed all of them and on another occasion I missed 10 times. Now if the chances of hitting were reversed with a 20% chance to hit, hitting 10 times on the trot would be akin to winning the lottery so missing must have the same chances. It would appear that either the stats presented are wrong, or the hit calculations are wrong or someone has sold me blanks but a game where you would literally be better off throwing the gun at them MUST surely have something wrong with the system.
Combat
Started by Benki [2106279] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 2
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 2
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 53 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 27 / 100
I have a 9mm pistol with a 78% to hit and yet I repeatedly manage to miss fired two shots last time and missed both another time I fired 5 consecutive times and missed all of them and on another occasion I missed 10 times. Now if the chances of hitting were reversed with a 20% chance to hit, hitting 10 times on the trot would be akin to winning the lottery so missing must have the same chances. It would appear that either the stats presented are wrong, or the hit calculations are wrong or someone has sold me blanks but a game where you would literally be better off throwing the gun at them MUST surely have something wrong with the system.
That accuracy value is not a %, it's just a value that can help you ti compare different weapons. Hit chance system is lot more complicated that just item accuracy, it's a battle of your speed with opponent dexterity, and there are also a lot of different modifiers.