Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing 2.0

Started by Xeretrax [2039020] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 148 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
22
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Xeretrax [2039020]
I wonder, are we ever going to see it?

I mean with all the things that are currently wrong with racing ... just a few changes here and there wont cut it, it would pretty much need a complete revamp.

Here are just a few things that bother me about how things currently are.

1. NSX being king on pretty much every map, complete BS.

2.Cant remove/sell useless cars I will never touch again. Just clutters tings. I just want them gone, even if I get 0 in return. Has actually been implemented.

3. With the recent change of multiple cars of the same type allowed, we need something to tell them apart. Be able to give them a name or something with a small text field. Say you have 2 NSX, one build for long distance and one for short, right now its impossible to tell which is which and which you would have to select for x race. The only way to do this right now, would be to enter the race, pick one of the 2, go to "parts & modifications" select the other NSX, and see what upgrades are applied to that car. Rather stupid if you ask me. Has actually been implemented now.


4. I agree with what was said here, know what upgrades are lost when a crash happens. Has actually been implemented now.


Sure I understand racing might not be high on the priority list right now, that's fine. But if racing is ever going to be as big as it can be, things need to be changed drastically. And I feel, when done correctly, we would see more community sponsored races etc.

Mentions: Car Crash (to include which upgrades were lost)

Beens [1870817]

I completely agree with most of what you said.

I think racing 2.0 would be f**king awesome. I'd love to see an option to sell back cars you no longer use, obviously for less money or maybe even nothing in return as you mentioned.

As for the names for the cars, I think what would be cooler in a 2.0 of racing would be resprays/car wraps that you can unlock within the racing feature itself. Example: Win 100 races with this vehicle to unlock Golden respray, or lead 100 laps to unlock Lightning Wrap (something of the sort).

It would be a whole new way to show off your speed demons, and putting some rare colors and raps in their would be so cool to see on the track.

[image: www.car-revs-daily.com]
AshleyT [1432316]

I'd also like part storage, so when you trade parts, you don't just toss it aside (Which lore wise makes no sense since they are apparently so rare and in short supply it required the points system to regulate their sale, so you'd want to keep them due to short supply) and instead store it.

Might be less needed after the multiple of same car update but would still be a nice touch for those who prefer to swap parts rather than swap cars.

The NSX being king is mostly down to the design of the courses, handling is king in the inner city areas where most of the course are, with only one course being long enough to let top speed come into the mix, and balanced cars have nothing. It's a problem of the lack of variance in the tracks we race.
LuigiMangione [1870934]

I think there also needs to be some type of reward besides the merits and cash prizes for custom races. As of now, most people just do it for the 2 merits and forget about it. Someone a while back suggested a system like the mission credit store, where you could trade in racing points for cans or other items.
_Abaddon_ [1617737]

I like the idea of paintjobs, its quite necessary to differentiate between my same cars.........although u can just change cars before the race starts, maybe that's why it hasn't been implemented till now. Also more tracks to get a balance.
Xeretrax [2039020]

I find it quite funny to see 2 of the things mentioned are now actually implanted .. within a months time.

Maybe staff paying a little attention? Great anyways.