Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chain dropped from server issues

Started by The_Boss [1497907] on in Bugs & Issues.

19 replies · 312 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
87
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

Most-liked replies

The_Boss [1497907]

Our faction was going for a 10k chain but the site wouldn't let us make any attacks. The people who were in fights (That would have kept the chain alive) were either timed out or the page would just reload over and over again making it impossible to make any hits.

Our chain should not have dropped we had plenty of people online trying to make hits that just couldn't. Chat also went completely down. and 504 errors everywhere.
Tyrech [2091318]

Pic 1 showing inability to proceed with attack: https://i.imgur.com/MyS1htE.png

Pic 2 https://i.imgur.com/YkVqqwr.png Chain Broke after Mave's attack on Desta. His next attack was stalemated 8min 30sec later which means it was initiated at chain counter of 1min 30 sec and there are plenty of tried attacks to keep the chain alive which were impossible to finish due to server issues.

Thank you for your understanding.
mave [222784]

Yeah ... timed out in the attack of Shafz ... site every time redirected from one to another attack screen
oraN [1778676]

Since it was a server issue it would be better to compensate PT with respect

so Giving Respect would be better than Restoring Chain. or probably some free refills.

and not to mention Timezones, Coordinations and of course Stacking energy. Respect would be a better compensating than a restored chain.

Just saying.
KatyPatra [2045308]

Also during chaining when pulling up the players profile to attack this what it would show. See Below profile pic. I was not able to attack and then when I logged into my phone the profile pic would flash on and off not allowing me to make an attack or finish if I was in the process of hitting. Therefore, this made it very difficult to make hits during the chain.

[image: profileimages.torn.com]




alkemyst [2023104]

While I was not chaining I had a difficult mission, I would have won but could not attack at about the 200 life left mark for my targetso I had to use up another 25e and another smoke.


Shafz [1722984]

Only fair solution is to put chain back at a time leader knows or chooses, so he can coordinate some stuff :P
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

JFA postponed its planned chain out of fear of this very thing happening...instability after the DDOS attack.

Good luck guys. I hope it gets reinstated for you and you have time to complete the chain before the downtime tomorrow.