Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn app...........

Started by MrCarnage [1982692] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 138 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
MrCarnage [1982692]

Good morning all of you lovely people,

I thought i'd come here and see if any one else uses the Torn app on Android and finds that it is a battery killer?

Also does anyone else have 'pinch' issues when zooming in or out, where it refreshes the page instead?#

Have a good day!

Mr C.
Kayla [2031661]

I wouldn't really call it a battery killer, but it does seem to consume more battery than other apps of a similar kind. I haven't compared the battery use of the app, and just using Torn on android chrome without the app, but I imagine the battery use will be improve in future versions.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

Since installing it I've noticed that my battery has depleted more at the end of the day yes, weird... I thought my phone was just getting old.

I don't use the zoom feature, but tested it just now and it does refresh when you zoom at the top of the page. Feel free to make s bug report.
MrCarnage [1982692]

Glad its not just me, another member of my faction has the the same issue with scrolling up and down and it refreshing as well.

bug report sent in :)
PikiMoh [2003812]

Same here! After the install the battery wont take a full day. It´s consuming above all other apps and the mobile already reported that.

Enabling more or less notifications at app, i presume it wont decrease the battery usage, right?
Stewie [1494547]

I reported an issue with the desktop version on mobile refreshing unintentionally because of the page becoming unresponsive when trying to move around. I think this is probably related to that but making a new report is probably best to be safe.
Privster [2108896]

I've noticed battery drain too. Hopefully this gets looked into and something can be done about it. Also, mine sends me directly to Google Chrome and opens www.torn.com and I can't use the apps features whatsoever apart from notifications. Is this normal haha?
shak [1592807]

Torn is good for using a lot of things. I notice it also uses more data with custom racing being a killer.
dth18 [2103002]

Not noticed any battery issues but the refresh when scrolling gets irritating pretty quick. Could do with DoctorN integration as well
Mephesto [1932248]

using galaxy s4 doesnt seem to deplete battery. more because of the age of this phone than anything. Just wish i could have my own notifications, these things are scary some times