Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Using API with Java?

Started by cryosis7 [926640] on in API Development.

6 replies · 202 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
72 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

cryosis7 [926640]

So as a student, I'm not really 'grounded' in any one language and we're doing a bit of everything, changing language every 1-2 semesters.

Currently I'm doing a lot of work in java and would like to make some API programs with java too but I don't know how to make API requests. Could someone explain how they've done it or point me in the direction of a tutorial?
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

Do a Google search for something like "HTTP Request Java", and have a read on the basics. Then lookup converting a String to a JSON Object. I would show you some examples but I'm not at my PC right now.

You'll need to make a few POJOs to store the JSON data.
UwU [2081212]

Give me a few days and that wrapper will be fully functional.

Should also be less complex and easier to use by then. 



Meanwhile you can pm me and I'll give you a basic overview of the basic functions needed to get the api data and recommend some existing libraries for json processing.