Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Android app keyboard issue.

Started by 634264 [634264] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 98 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
634264 [634264]

I struggle a lot with the full on screen keyboard on my phone. Tiny buttons, thumbs that wont hit the right buttons and such. The other keyboard option (which is the numeric keyboard) is far better where only numbers are accepted.

I know when spending job points the alpha numeric keyboard is used, but only numbers are correct for the field.

I would like others to chime in here with other locations where the numeric keyboard should be used but the alpha numeric keyboard is instead. The idea is to give one thread to look in so once the new code is changed for one page the replication can happen easier.

I don't think a fix is needed immediately because we still can enter the info. I would love to see it happen sometime though.
dmytrob [2067993]

Thanks for comment.

Do you mean that when you type on a field which accepts only numbers, the keyboard with letters appears, and it's not convenient for you to switch the keyboard to numeric one ?

Can you make a screenshot, please?
634264 [634264]

I don't know how to do a screenshot in Android.

The keyboard that comes up has letters and numbers, it's the standard qwerty style. On my phone there is no option to switch to numeric keyboard, though I really wish there was.