Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Temporary Weapon Switcharoo

Started by 2074167 [2074167] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 75 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
2074167 [2074167]

Howdy Bug-Fighters!

Bug: I pepper-sprayed an attacker when I actually had a grenade equipped.
System: Chrome on Windows PC.

Background: I have the Duke mission to throw grenades ("Loud and Clear"). I equipped grenades last night and invited members from the JFA main faction attack me during their chain (I jump on the wall, they shoot me off for max respect. Win, win). Here's the final attack log for last night Here (notice the grenade use, ofc). I play for an hour longer (until 2:40am TCT) before going to bed with the grenade still equipped, just in case someone tries to attack me (so that I might get this dumb mission finished).

Details: I wake up this morning to the attack event below. Confused how this happened, I check my inventory to confirm that I still have the grenade equipped. I never changed to Pepper, so I'm not sure how they could have switched in my sleep.[:dizzy:]



[image: image.prntscr.com]
Xiphias [187717]

I know this sometimes happens when you have multiple tabs open. For instance if you have the items page open in tab_1 and do an attack and use a equipped temp in tab_2. Then after the attack if you change the temporary weapon in tab_1 (without refreshing tab_1) the actual change will not happen always. I've managed to use wrong temps quite a few times from this when doing multiple hits in other tabs.

Best is to always refresh the items page before equipping a new item.

 
2074167 [2074167]

That's an understandable explanation Xiphias, since I do use multiple tabs at the same time, but I had already considered that and refreshed tab1 before AND after equipping the grenade. Then I invited the attacks from JFA. I've had temps NOT change before a fight, because I didn't refresh. I've never seen them switch after like this, though.

The only other option is from my phone - I use multiple tabs on there, also. Maybe the item screen sent some data overnight and flipped the temp for a short time.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

Logs how that you had pepper spray equipped, so it's a bit hard to tell, what exactly happened in this case (as we don't have equip logs yet, perhaps such should be added). Please report, if this will happen again, in this case we can set up additional logs for your account.