With the forced API key update, any suggestions on how to update all one's applications? I have no idea how many programs were using my key. How do you keep track of your applications (if you have that many)?
API Update
Started by Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 4
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 70 / 100
- Historical score
- 31 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 44 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Bug [1455582] Committee
· 1 likes ·
Best thing to do is have a central config, maybe a file on your PC that just contains your key so you only have one place to change. I keep a close eye on what programs use my key so …
With the forced API key update, any suggestions on how to update all one's applications? I have no idea how many programs were using my key. How do you keep track of your applications (if you have that many)?
Best thing to do is have a central config, maybe a file on your PC that just contains your key so you only have one place to change.
I keep a close eye on what programs use my key so I don't run out of calls per minute :)
That kind of sucks. I remember some time ago, I wrote a Google Script to auto update spreadsheets. TornStats also suffers from the inability to connect to my local disk (for the better). It's gonna be a pain to hunt down all the dead API programs and revive them as necessary.
you could use Torn Notes to list API key apps, and track them that way (no need for any 3rd party stuff, just donator status)
one possibility is Torn providing API usage list, but I am not sure how they would feel about that. It would definitely allow for easier blocking of bogus script, or scripts know to syphon data