Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dialog Error

Started by aViking [2112688] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 30 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100

Most-liked replies

aViking [2112688]

The 10th mission the Duke gives you the dialog is as following;

"My sister has a birthday coming up, and she doesn't feel good about it. She feels like she's getting old, but I can't exactly do nothing about that. It's, what's the word... inevitabottle. Yeah, "inevitable", like I said. Last year I bought her some of those creams for stopping wrinkles, but she just cried all day when I gave it her."

Right at the end, the Duke should say ^ "give it to her."
aViking [2112688]

If it was "How the Duke speaks," "Inevitabottle"  wouldn't have been corrected during the dialog. Its an error that doesn't read right. I've read many of Dukes posts and he doesn't tend to talk with these errors and when he does its corrected, by himself. So please, fix YOUR grammar instead of blaming it on the NPC you created.
Hcom3 [2003693]

This is how its meant to be, duke is a character in a fictional game, his character doesnt use correct English.
Will_Power [2102711]

Obviously, you haven't read enough of his posts, or haven't read them well enough. He only corrects himself when the player (or rather, the person the player is roleplaying) corrects him. I gave you one example of his mistakes from the mission you quoted, but if you're too lazy to look for more, by all means, let me help:

"I don't care what favor you just done for me, that was work."

"This ain't no fairytale and my sister is no damsel in this dress."

"You shaved my bacon there pal"

"You ain't told anyone what was in the safe though have you?"

Did that convince you or should I go through Duke's forum posts as well?