Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

I Have Regrets

Started by DeadbeatJesus [2122772] on in Graveyard.

22 replies · 271 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

DaniM [1484522] ×1

DeadbeatJesus [2122772]

ORIGINAL POST -

Hey all.

Upon listing 3 DPs in my Bazaar, and with my Bookie at the ready, DaniM bought my wares and stole about 10% (7 mil) back within the space of around two seconds.

This is understandable, as, in his own words, "everybody has to make money somehow". I'm not here to plead for your sympathy. Rather, I want to warn you of his activity, and to advise other lowbies to take even more care than I did when making large sales.

From one standpoint, I can totally understand DaniM's actions. However, being but 16 days old, I feel that in his position I would have not made the same choice, somehow restrained by the semblance of moral fiber I possess.

I anticipate a flood of responses insisting that, by complaining, I am making myself the lesser player in this equation. That's fine. But if there is a white knight amongst you who derives pleasure from taking out those of evil dispositions, please... Make him hurt.

Yours faithfully,
DeadbeatJesus.

EDIT: This thread was naive of me, and I have learned my lesson. Torn is no place for this form of self-serving thread. I shall hold my tongue in future.

Mentions: DaniM [1484522]

Toes [2095421]

Learn the ropes before you go earning the big bucks. Learn about mug protection. Learn about how to identify whom to trade with for higher value items. As they say, if you are scammed, its you who is to be blamed. Hopefully this would be your last
DeadbeatJesus [2122772]

Appreciate the responses, and you're not at all wrong. It's on me.

Advertising this is just my stubborn, albeit futile way of paying him back.
Edward [2076872]

Being 16 days old, posting 3 DBs on the item market and not being mug protected is the equivalent of being a skinny manlet in a prison shower trying to hold a handful of soap, bro.

Seems like one of those donation bait threads that seem to be a trending thing right now, haha.
DeadbeatJesus [2122772]

I can see how it might come across that way. My apologies, I assure you that was not my intention. I don't expect anything. Words are an efficient means of venting my frustration.

I'll edit the main post to clarify this.
Bagel [2115342]

"But if there is a white knight amongst you who derives pleasure from taking out those of evil dispositions, please... Make him hurt."

Sheesh, spare us the theratrics. You want him to hurt? Bounty him yourself.
Asator [1577937]

Don't put 3 DPs up for sale at once. At your stage in this game even 1 DP is enough to attract buymugging.

Blacklist anyone that buy mugs you so they can't buy from your bazaar, and build up your stats. The stronger you get, the less people that are able to buy mug you, and the people who can realise that e is worth more than a mil or 2.