For those of you who do not know what a Raspberry Pi is, it is a small computer (fits in your palm) that can be used for many different programming projects. The question here is: what have you done with a Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi: DIY projects
Started by Puter [2098146] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 22 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
For those of you who do not know what a Raspberry Pi is, it is a small computer (fits in your palm) that can be used for many different programming projects. The question here is: what have you done with a Raspberry Pi?
I built a system that can process videos by filtering certain images and audio. It can be controlled with an android phone.
I mined crypto coins with them.
Mine has several different network related uses. I use it as a server to store my music, to block ads at the DNS level with pihole, and as my own personal git server. At the moment I'm working on a chess site to add to it so my friends and I can play some variants be thought up.
I used it to connect to a work vm so I didn't need to buy an expensive work pc
a Pi is the backbone of my carputer.
Ran an IOTA node on an ARM board and successfully made a transaction :). Shut it down right after but was happy to see it actually work.
created a clunky security system with one PI taking pics every 36 seconds and looking for a significant difference. When it finds a significant difference, it signals PI 2, attached to a roomba-vacuum styled robot which has a camera mounted on it, and begins tracing the room, recording what it sees and sending it off to a server.
I never used it before nor I know how to use it. Just a suggestion, how about rent a domain and use it as a cloud storage? Does it worth it?
not worth. skip the domain and just have the cloud storage
Left it sealed gathering dust, I just wanted to make a multi-media rig out of spare parts but for the life of me I cba.