I have been at a natural 40 nerve bar for quite some time now, 50 with merits. Somehow, over the last day or 2, my bar dropped to 45, natural 35. Any insight on how or why this may have happened?
Nerve bar change
Started by GenocidalJester [1194706] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 67 / 100
- Historical score
- 29 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I have been at a natural 40 nerve bar for quite some time now, 50 with merits. Somehow, over the last day or 2, my bar dropped to 45, natural 35. Any insight on how or why this may have happened?
You been going to jail? Jail kills CE which drops NNB.
You would have had to fail a crime. Which ones are you currently doing?
According to your personal stats you've been jailed a few times in recent weeks, those jailings from crimes as mentioned are what has hurt your nerve.
What makes getting jailed for a failed crime particularly nasty is that you lose a percentage of your crime experience, not a specific amount. It's more damaging the higher natural CE you have.
You might have gone to jail for a failed crime. Are you sure are doing safe crimes like Warehouse-Arson, Shoplift-Jacket, Virus-Stealth etc.?
I typically do hacking and counterfeiting. Hacking I typically only get jailed maybe once a week...didnt think that would be enough to drop my NB
Just do arson warehouse crimes
hackings a nerve killer
conterfeiting i dont think is great either
Ok, thank you much. Good to know. Took an extremely long hiatus and just made my return about 6 months ago, so still trying to figure certain things out
#inb4QuestionsAndAnswers
But you are probably failing crimes... do arson: warehouse =D
I used to do hacking, it's decent money, but it kept my nerve bar from going up for a long time. Somehow I avoided dropping my nerve, but it's really not worth it.
I had a 35 NNB and did almost nothing but the hacking crimes for quite a while - it took a few months but I did eventually drop down to 30NNB. A few arsons bumped me back up again. It seems that hacking, long term, is bad for your NNB but that money is so damn good...
Forget those high earning crimes and go back to safe ones if you want that nerve bar to keep increasing
I am finally pushing for 60 nerve on my next jump
good luck bra
kidnapping mayor is enough for money and not killing nerve bar
Your goal should be to *never* go to jail for a failed crime. Once a week? Yeah, that's going to drag you down.
This is Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar. It's the best, most detailed explanation of crimes and nerve bar, and I'd recommend you check it out.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=16030860&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (Revived)
If I recall one red hacking if close to 2 weeks of kidnap mayor results on my activity for someone who drops from 45 into 40 nb
ima move this to Q&A
Years ago i had a hacking spree only lasting a few months. Most where greens, but i had about 10 reds.
I lost my maximum nerve bar which had been reinforced with over 10000 arson warehouses. Its easy enough to get it back though if you click the right crimes.