Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hacking Crimes

Started by Delta [2049998] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 412 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

Delta [2049998]

I wanted to know a bit more about hacking crimes, I've heard various things like they are good for money but get you jailed and they use intelligence instead of CE but I'm not really sure about any of these.

So I wanted to know:

What do you need to do hacking crimes? (CE/intelligence/whatever else)

How much money do they make?

Anything else that influences hacking crimes

Thanks!
Stewie [1494547]

It's mostly based on Crime Experience, but I do believe Intelligence has some effect on Hacking Crimes. I would not recommend doing them, though, as it will be damaging if you go to jail.

It's around ~$300,000-400,000 each time you do them though.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Computer based crimes tie in with intelligence yes, its why a lot of players with just 30 nerve bars can succeed these crimes as by that point they're on around 10k intel which is what's all you really need (was a lot back in the day when crimes were actually relevant...), its why hacking is such a popular and relatively easy choice for newer players whilst they'll still fail at lower tier crimes.



Any other perks that improve crime success rate will improve your ability there, plus its worth getting a wireless dongle item for an extra 3% success rate.
Sarah01 [1074856]

They are difficult crimes to do and you will see quite a few jailings. 

The crime enhancer for it is the Wireless Dongle, which will increase the success rate of it but not sure by how much .

 I'd say about 250k - 400k is the reward, from.what memory serves. It has been a while since I've last done a hacking crime.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

If you want your crime experience to grow, so that you get a larger nerve bar, then you need to skip these crimes, and stick to safe crimes.  Safe crimes, by definition, don't lead you to jail.  If you do hacking crimes regularly, you will get jailed, and that will hurt your crime experience each time.




JustJanet [911066]

I used to do hacking crimes to supplement my income and whenever I got jailed I would do burns for about a week.  however, when I decided I wanted to stop having a 45 bar I gave up hacking crimes.  I feel like it took me over two maybe even three years to finally get to my 60 bar... I just got it within the month.  
David [132845]

Hacking crimes can butt-rape your NB when you fail them, that's why I haven't done them for years...

For the rest, posters above me are spot on [:wink:]