Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mycology

Started by Rabbler [2128707] on in Hobbies & Interests.

39 replies · 303 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Rabbler [2128707]

I just recently started getting into mycology. It started with foraging wild mushrooms in the woods, and i have recently moved onto cultivating my own!

I also started microdosing with some amazing results.

Anyone on torn have an appreciation for the fungus?
Sagramor [1908287]

I am eagerly awaiting the results of my inoculated shiitake logs from last year. Started a pile of boletes and shiitakes in straw last week. Once the hay gets cut I'll start doing more wild foraging. Quite a bunch of chanterelles around these parts. Have a good cluster of chicken of the woods that comes up on a cherry tree.
Samorost [1655145]

Not very good at my fungi ID but have always found them fascinating. The most interesting one Ive seen is the red cage fungus, which is an odd find in Wales but seems its spreading further north.
Rabbler [2128707]

Nice man! You find them all out in nature? I'm from WV and there are **** tons of wild mushies here, but I'm still nervous to try to find some psilos in the wild. 

I have been cultivating them myself tho, it's incredibly rewarding and waaay too easy. Just takes time and like 40 bucks haha.
Sepulchrave [2092631]

I used to have a half acre of farmland sod that sprouted massive numbers of Psilocybe stuntzii every fall (now you can guess approximately where I live). As teenagers, my friends and I would literally get down on all fours and graze (after breaking a few stalks to look for the reassuring blue line). The yield lessened over time, as did my appetite for hallucinogens, but once every five years or so I'll still indulge, and it's never disappointing. (All the same, for the cadillac of natural hallucinogenic highs, nothing I've ever taken beats peyote.)
Triplicant [2037705]

Grown a variety indoors, including (but not limited to, wink wink), Red Reishi, Oysters, & Lions Mane.

B+ were always my favourites. PEU / APE as well ;)
Rabbler [2128707]

Nice, man! I love the B+, I've had the best fruits with Treasure Coast though. I'm currently working on Atlantis Philosophers stones and my next project will be APES. It's so awesome to watch them grow.

I'd love to start growing Lions mane, I bet you can make a killing at the farmers market.
Rabbler [2128707]

Stuntzii! Dope man, have you ever listened to Paul Stamets story about when him and his buddy discovered them? That's why they are named Stuntzii, after Daniel stuntz. Pretty cool stuff.
Sepulchrave [2092631]

I do remember the story - it occured on the UofW campus. My mushroom field, amusingly, butted up against the botanical garden of a different university. I was always a little worried that some damned botanist would recognize my mushrooms and demand a cut.
Flak [2091491]

I live in Wales Psilocybin Semilanceata at its finest. Appreciation isn't the right word for me. "Reverence" fits much better..... but i'm not talking about that egotistical "Ooh these are so cool" kinda reverance... More that 'apple from eden' the 'You get EXACTLY what you ask for' kinda reverance....... The rabbit hole runs deeper than any know, Any less would completely fail to provide any form of entertainment for the next 100 years... let alone 100 million... 

Be brave, Be careful, They are truly quite special little critters

In my experience... Microdosing is not necessarily 'safer'. The harder hits are easier to forget. The comfortable snippets are easy to carry with you :) But i don't regret a thing... Not to do with those experiences at least
Sepulchrave [2092631]

While I agree with you that "comfortable snippets are easy to carry with you", there is nothing like a full-fledged head-banging mushroom experience. The journey can be awful, and yet great. During my last "OD" I spent hours in foetal position, wandering desperately through mushroom-carpeted caves, swimming through underground seas filled with algal monsters the size of stadiums, on the edge of panic, bawling my eyes out, wishing to hell I could snap my fingers and be sober again...and in retrospect, the visions were so dense, so rich, so beautiful that I'd happily do it again.
Flak [2091491]

It clearly affects many in many different ways.

Something i have found myself asking a few about it. (Don't feel you need to answer, Just for thought) 

How much of the experience is from the effects of the Compound? And How much is the minds coping mechanisms?

No doubt in my head that a large portion is not comprehensible, I personally believe that the mind layers over a lot of information to generate something easier to deal with. It would help answer why some seem so susceptible to suggestion whilst in the experience and why others try to report things that they can barely put to words.

I think one of my favored ways to describe what i have been through, is this...

It adds nothing, We perceive the world through various lenses. Each lens acts like a filter. There are several things which convince the mind that it no longer needs these filters. Which leaves the person either looking through other lenses that they forgot or never new they had.... Or in some scenarios, spending time experiencing unfiltered reality.

But i personally believe that unfiltered stuff is not at all memorable and so we only ever remember getting close :p Ya need a filter to form a recollection, Though thin filters are easy to mistake as not being there. Like those glass doors that are too clean..... 
Flak [2091491]

I've seen a shroom "breathing" Very much like the image up there ^^ i mean it was osmosis based on varying levels of moisture and pressure.... But it looked eerily close to a breathing thingy :) 

The fact i had eaten a few didn't help.....

[image: pics.onsizzle.com]
Rabbler [2128707]

That sounds nuts hahaha, my buddy always told me that mushroom trips will always teach you something about yourself or the world around you - good or bad! I dunno how yer experience relates to that ideology but, that sick hahah